Victoria MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Bandar Road, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Timings: 10:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 30 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Garden, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
About Victoria Museum, Vijayawada
This museum is also known as The Victoria Jubilee Museum. It is located on the Bandar Road in Vijayawada City. It is one of the finest example of an Indo – European style building. The foundation stone was laid down by Robert Sewell, the then collector of Krishna District on 27th June, 1887. This was to mark the Golden Jubilee celebrations of the coronation of England’s Queen Victoria. Back at that time, this museum was a house of industrial exhibits only. After a few years the authority of the museum passed into the hands of the Nuzivid Zamindars of Krishna District. Much later, in the year 1962 the museum was taken over by the Department of Archeology & Museums of Andhra Pradesh Government.
In 1921, the All India Congress met here for a conference. On the special day, Sree Pingali Venkayya of Mungala Samsthana presented Mahatma Gandhi with our tricolor in the presence of many other famous people such as Motilal Nehru, Jawaharlal Nehru, Vallabhbhai Patel, Lala Lajpat Rai, Babu Rajendra Prasad, Tanguthuri Prakasham Pantulu and many others. Gandhiji added the wheel symbol to the flag which was then the symbol flag of the Indian National Congress and later after independence has been the national flag of India.
Galleries in the museum are filled with pre Proto Historic objects. These include terra cottas, Bronze work, Bidri work, coins, copper objects, porcelain and celadon work, enamel ware, wall portraits, portraits of Queen Victoria, Napoleon Bonaparte, Madonna Della, Codellino, Mother Mary with Baby Christ, Rubens. The gallery also has many types of arms and armors like bows, arrows, swords, quivers, daggers, shields, fire arms. There is also a beautiful garden with ornamental plants circling this museum.
Victoria Museum Information
- Do not touch the exhibits.
- Switch off your mobile phones inside.
- Photography is not allowed inside the museum.
Victoria Museum Ticket Prices
- Rs. 30 for Indian
- Rs. 100 for foreigners
- Rs.3 for camera
How To reach Victoria Museum by Public Transport
- The nearest railway station is the Kakinada Port Railway Station Junction.
- The nearest airport is the Rajahmundry Airport.
Restaurants Near Victoria Museum
- Blue Leaves Restaurant
- Taj Restaurant
- Annapurna Restaurant
- Ramayya Mess
- Idli & Idli Restaurant
- Silver Spoon Restaurant
- Aromas Multicuisine Restaurant
- Spice Inn Restaurant
- Zodiac The Astral
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vijayawada before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vijayawada and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Victoria Museum
95% of people who visit Vijayawada include Victoria Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
73.64% of people start their Victoria Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Victoria Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Victoria Museum
Victoria Museum Map
Victoria Museum Trips
Victoria Museum, Vijayawada Reviews
All QuestionsVictoria museum
- Westside Church Of Christ
- United Methodist Chr-Admn Office
- Poplar Springs Church
- Bent Haller
- New Life Holiness Christian Ministries
- Church Of Christ At Memphis
- How To Convincingly Fake Honesty
- Bristol Lodge Causeway Seventh-Day Adventist
- Van Meter United Methodist Church
- Reger Park
- St Gregory Armenian Apos Ch
- Art House Gallery
- Great Fork Baptist Church
- Monmouth Festival Of The Arts
- Sabathani Missionary Baptist Church