Are you looking for what to do in Villach?
THINGS TO SEE
- Villacher Alpenstrasse is a scenic extravaganza which includes the mighty sights of the mountains to the clean and serene pathway. A good family adventure equipped for a great family trip is what the place is about. The Villach alpine road offers bikers the ultimate biking experience and the tourists another way to cool off.
- Villach Main Square is perhaps the most beautiful and romantic place in the whole region, with authentic Austrian architecture and serene lights the place is a must go to when it comes to exploring the city.
- Villach’s Fine church: Holy Cross Church (Heiligenkreuzkirche) is a church constructed in the 18th century and has been in limelight since. The blush pink building makes it a perfect place to take pictures. The interiors are simply marvellous but the main attraction is the 14th century crucifix.
- Lake Faak: turquoise waters, clear sky and your boat, it does not get better than this! Lake Faak attracts thousands of tourists all across the globe because of its picturesque view and crystal clear waters. Take a day off and swim in the beautiful waters surrounded by nothing but the majestic white fishes to accompany you.
- Landskron castle stands firmly to the northwest of Villach and is a must go for tourists. The castle that has been ruined by the attacks of 1812 but still stands the test of time. Revisit history and experience the scintillating experience that will make you reminiscence in history.
- Museum of the City of Villach is one of the biggest and the oldest museums in whole of Austria. Their collection ranges from ancient artefacts to silver and gold coins of an entirely different era. But Regional artwork and reconstructed battles take the gold in the end.
- Scholss Veldon Austria is a Castle that was converted to a hotel in 1590 and has been the best hotel in the region since. The hotel sees a lot of tourism due to its ethnic and cultural value and is a hot tourist spot all the year around. The castle turned Hotel is not unacquainted to celebrities of Austria and nearby places, and ranks highly among the travellers for the gorgeous architecture and mouth-watering delicacies that are served. The grand hotel offers 104 rooms and luxury suites to tickle that royalty in you, so everybody can wine and dine as kings for a day.
THINGS TO DO
- Spending a day boating or swimming in the Lake Faak is a must do for all travellers because of its clear water and picturesque scenery.
- Hiking is a good option as Villach has a lot of mountain areas around it.
- Ice skating though seasonal is very much possible in Fakersee and is a fun way to relax.
- Alpe Adria Golf is one of the finest golf clubs in the region and is a great way for travellers to ease.
- Take a bite of the local cuisine and enjoy the hearty meals offered in all places.
Below we have a list of things to do in Villach and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Villach getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Villach with confidence.