Three Crosses329 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kalnų parkas, Vilnius 01100, Lithuania Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Monument, Family And Kids, Hill
One of the most recognizable monument and landmark of Vilnius, the Hill of Three Crosses is a must visit attraction on a tour of this Lithuanian city. The hill was previously known as Bleak Hill, and according to popular folklore, it was the site of beheadings of 7 Franciscan Friars who were spreading the word of the Gospel. Wooden crosses were initially erected at the spot, but they would start rotting after a few years. The landmark was destroyed by the Soviets, but was reconstructed in 1989 and has been a part of the city’s landscape ever since. The view from the top of the hill is absolutely mesmerizing and a photographer’s dream come true.
Entrance Ticket Details For Three Crosses
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Three Crosses
- Buses 10, 33 and 88 stop Bernardinu sodas bus station.
- Rent or hire a car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vilnius before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vilnius and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Three Crosses Address: Kalnų parkas, Vilnius 01100, Lithuania
- Three Crosses Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Three Crosses(preferred time): 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Three Crosses: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
29.19% of people who visit Vilnius include Three Crosses in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
40% of people start their Three Crosses visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Three Crosses
59.32% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Three Crosses
People normally club together Uzupis and Palace Of The Grand Dukes Of Lithuania while planning their visit to Three Crosses.