Visitors to the Toy Museum are left utterly delighted and astounded at the same time once they enter the premises, as the museum is nothing like what they usually expect. Toys of all kinds, from the ancient to very latest, find a place in the museum and are in fact divided into 3 sections. The first section has very old toys, verging on the point of being called archaeological finds, to a section which displays toys from the 19th and 20th century, to a section where the toys of the modern era are kept. Copies of the original toys are available so that visitors can touch and examine them with their own hands, and actually feel what it must have felt to play with the toys of the times gone by.
- Toy museum exhibitions are unique and very interactive. The key idea of the museum is to let visitors explore history and archeology sciences through the personal experience. By touching, hearing, listening, solving conundrums and analyzing the exhibits, visitors become familiar with the toys history.
- Toy museum is a family oriented place. This is not only just a place for the children to play and explore different types of games, but also very entertaining and scientifically based institution for the adults and students.
- Full price: 4 Euros
- Children (2-18): 3 Euros
- Students, seniors and disabled: 3 Euros
- Large families (3 children or more): 2.5 Euros
- Children (below 2 years), City Card holders: Free
- Museum is closed on National Holidays.
- Buses 10, 33, 88, 88N and 102N stop at Bernardinu sodas bus station.
- Rent or hire a car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Vilnius before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vilnius and book an accommodation of your choice.
16.87% of people who visit Vilnius include Toy Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
70% of people start their Toy Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Toy Museum
80% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Toy Museum
Great place for families. Lots of history and toys. Children of all ages definetely will have what to do there. And adults will remember their childhood with historical toys. Unfortunately, no ventilation, consequently becomes pretty warm really fast.
Very good. Can touch everything, kids love it.
Nice view to the soviet age through toys. Interactive tour. Nice for kids!
Very nice place to visit with children, or without ;)
Very nice and comprehensive tour.