Cape Henry LighthouseCurrently Closed
- Address: Near Chesapeake Bay, at 583 Atlantic Ave., Fort Story, Virginia, 23459, Virginia Beach, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7574229421
- Ticket Price: 8 USD
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Light House, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Historic And Protected Sites
Cape Henry Lighthouse - Review
Based inside a Military area, the Cape Henry Lighthouse was built in October 1792. A picturesque locale, kids and adults alike have fun climbing up the steps of the lighthouse.
Cape Henry Lighthouse Information
- Since it is on Military grounds, there is a check post. Please don’t forget to carry a photo id proof, insurance card and registration. If you are a foreign national, please carry your passport and other visa related documents.
Cape Henry Lighthouse Ticket Prices
- Children (under 12)- $6
- Seniors and military personnel- $7.
How To reach Cape Henry Lighthouse by Public Transport
- Military area, so no public transport allowed inside the premises. Go walking or go by private vehicle.
Restaurants Near Cape Henry Lighthouse
- One Fish Two Fish
- Surf Rider Grill
- Tropical Smoothie cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Virginia Beach before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Virginia Beach and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Cape Henry Lighthouse
95% of people who visit Virginia Beach include Cape Henry Lighthouse in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
27.05% of people start their Cape Henry Lighthouse visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cape Henry Lighthouse
94.63% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cape Henry Lighthouse
Cape Henry Lighthouse Map
Cape Henry Lighthouse Trips
Cape Henry Lighthouse, Virginia Beach Reviews
Nice. But not good if you have smaller children. They have to be a certain height to go up and you can't carry children. May be common sense but my husband didn't think of it and we didn't get to go up. But still great views, clean location, and nice. But please remember you are on an active military base. No speeding.
Very inexpensive lighthouse and one of the smaller ones on the East Coast, so it is a good one for your first. You will have to go through a military check since it is on a base. Be prepared with your id, registration, and proof of insurance. The lighthouse is pretty, but there are a lot of stairs. There is no public bathroom, but there is a decent sized portable john.
Very cool to see! It is on a military base so expect to have your car searched, they will keep 1 drivers license that you pick up when you leave. You can get an Uber there but they need to have a military pass to get in the base.
Awesome experience climbing this lighthouse and seeing the bay for miles around. I came to Virginia for my first visit in 2000, met some great local people and partied like there was no tomorrow at the campground for about 2 weeks. A good time I'll never forget.
Now that’s a nice lighthouse! After being disappointed by the Old Point Comfort Lighthouse, we went here and were rewarded with a beautiful climbable lighthouse, with helpful volunteers to guide us through. It was a bit of a workout climbing all those steps, and the view from the tower was amazing!
All QuestionsCape henry lighthouse
- Edgar Cayce's A.R.E. Association For Research And Enlightenment
- Edgar Cayce's A.r.e. Health Center And Spa
- Royal Clipper Inn And Suites
- Ocean Beach Club Sales Center
- Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Virginia Museum Of Contemporary Art
- Jollibee - Virginia Beach
- Sandler Center For The Performing Arts
- Ocean Breeze Waterpark
- Memory Lane Old Time Photos
- Virginia Beach Amusement Park
- Calvary Assembly Of God
- Centro Socio Pastorale
- A.Re.Fa. SRL
- Baie Del Salento
- Diocesi Di Ugento - S.M. Di Leuca
- Santuario Santa Marina Vergine
- Mare Vostrum, Isola Di Albarella
- Campeggio Vittoria
- La Margherita
- Gest.Vill.Turistici Rosapineta SAS Di P. Brazzalotto & C
- Malibù Di Porzionato Giuseppe & C. SNC
- Parrocchia S. Antonio
- Gest.Vill.Turistici Rosapineta SAS Cartolibreria
- Villaggio Turistico Rosapineta
Find places near Cape Henry Lighthouse, Virginia Beach
United States Department of the Army 700 Leyte Rd0.42 km away
The Mat 111 79th St2.826 km away
Melody Jos Coffee 231 83rd St2.295 km away
Fort Story Aafes Mini Mall / Gas New Guinea Rd0.144 km away