Cape Henry Lighthouse, Virginia Beach
Cape Henry Lighthouse - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: Near Chesapeake Bay, at 583 Atlantic Ave., Fort Story, Virginia, 23459, Virginia Beach, United States
Ticket Price: 8 USD
Time Required: 00:45 Mins
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 8.3K times in trip plans
Light House, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Historic And Protected Sites
Here's something that can help planning a trip!
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Cape Henry Lighthouse, Virginia Beach
Based inside a Military area, the Cape Henry Lighthouse was built in October 1792. A picturesque locale, kids and adults alike have fun climbing up the steps of the lighthouse.
Cape Henry Lighthouse Information
- Since it is on Military grounds, there is a check post. Please don’t forget to carry a photo id proof, insurance card and registration. If you are a foreign national, please carry your passport and other visa related documents.
Cape Henry Lighthouse Ticket Prices
- Children (under 12)- $6
- Seniors and military personnel- $7.
How To reach Cape Henry Lighthouse by Public Transport
- Military area, so no public transport allowed inside the premises. Go walking or go by private vehicle.
Restaurants Near Cape Henry Lighthouse
- One Fish Two Fish
- Surf Rider Grill
- Tropical Smoothie cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Virginia Beach before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Virginia Beach and book an accommodation of your choice.
Cape Henry Lighthouse, Virginia Beach Reviews
So neat, our oldest lighthouse! A real landmark of our history, with the battle in the bay area during the Revolution. The people in the shop are nice, too:)
First public project funded by the United States Government. Reviewed and signed off by George Washington, checks cut by Alexander Hamilton. Steep climb but worth the view. Summertime temperatures reach 125 degrees up top.
Cape Henry actually has 2 lighthouses. Old and new. Both are nice. If you go, realize that you will be entering a military base. You will need drivers licence, car registration and proof of insurance. They will also search your vehicle.
You must check in at the military gate shack. But interesting historical lighthouses.
What a wonderful place to visit! I love this lighthouse and all the history! Cute little gift shop
Find places near Cape Henry Lighthouse, Virginia Beach
United States Department of the Army 700 Leyte Rd0.42 km away
The Mat 111 79th St2.826 km away
Melody Jos Coffee 231 83rd St2.295 km away
Fort Story Aafes Mini Mall / Gas New Guinea Rd0.144 km away
- Attractions near Cape Henry Lighthouse
- Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport
- Calvary Assembly Of God
- Sandler Center For The Performing Arts
- Thoroughgood House
- Ocean Breeze Waterpark
- Virginia Museum Of Contemporary Art
- Wrv Surf Camp And Lessons
- Ocean Beach Club Sales Center
- Memory Lane Old Time Photos
- Atlantic Park
- Virginia Beach Amusement Park
- Virginia Beach Oceanfront