Mount Trashmore Park934 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 310 Edwin Drive, Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
- Timings: 07:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7574735237
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids, Lake, Picnic Spot, Court
Spread across 165 acres, this park is an environmental achievement considering the fact that this area was previously a land fill! Today, it comprises of two man-made mountains, two lakes, two playgrounds, a skate park and vert ramp, Volleyball courts, grill stations and multi-use paths.
Mount Trashmore Park Travel Tips
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed within park premises.
- Washing vehicles near lakes is prohibited.
Mount Trashmore Park Hours
- Although the Park opens at 7.30 a.m., following are its closing timings:
- January 1 - January 8 - 5 pm; January 9 - February 12- 5:30 pm
- February 13 - March 8- 6 pm; March 9 - April 9 (Daylight Savings Mar 9) - 7:30 pm
- April 10 - May 14- 8 pm
- May 15 - August 6- 8:30 pm
- August 7 - August 27- 8 pm
- August 28 - September 10- 7:30 pm
- September 11 - October 8- 7 pm
- October 9 - November 1- 6:30 pm
- November 2 - December 31 (Daylight Savings Nov 2)- 5 pm
How to Reach Mount Trashmore Park
- Independence and Edwin bus stop
- Norfolk International Airport
- WoodyMcGees Barstro
- Golden Corral
- Gourmet Gang
- Texas Roadhouse
- Plaza Azteca
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Virginia Beach before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Virginia Beach and book an accommodation of your choice.
69.03% of people who visit Virginia Beach include Mount Trashmore Park in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
35.19% of people start their Mount Trashmore Park visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Mount Trashmore Park
88.57% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mount Trashmore Park
Mount Trashmore Park Reviews & Ratings
What a fun place to hang out! It just keeps getting nicer too, with the addition of a new dock and amphitheater recently. There are a couple miles of walking/running paths with some workout stations sprinkled throughout. Lots of green space, a great place to fly a kite! There's a sizable playground and skate park as well. Nice place with stuff for all ages!
Visiting the area with family and this up and coming park was pointed out to us to stop and see. Parts of the park were still being worked on but the overall experience was still great. The little playground is perfect for the amount kids visiting on the summer afternoon. The large grassy hill was a big plus with us being from Colorado. Kids loved to roll down and run up the hill. If you're in the area and need a place for the kids to blow off some energy stop by.
First time visitor. Can see why my daughter likes to go to watch fireworks. Loved seeing the swings and other structures designed for children!!! Only problem I can envision is the traffic getting in/out on certain days. Other than that, is a great place to chill.
My daughter loves this park! The playground has areas for both little ones and bigger kids. It is fun if you can make the trek to the top of the hill and take in the view.
Nephew who is 7 had a very good time, he played on the playground. He was able to walk up the whole Mountain. He walked half way down the mountain and rolled the other half. He had a awesome time.