Visit Visby - Best of Visby
Situated on the west coast of Gotland island in Sweden, Visby is popular tourist sightseeing destination especially between the months of June and August. It’s called the city of roses or the city of ruins—just the way two widely divergent words like roses and ruins describe this city, Visby is a perfectly preserved medieval city that also likes to party – an eclectic tourist attraction! This city is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. One defining feature of the city is the 3.4 km long wall that encircles a large part of the town.
Visby Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Visby tips for your visit
- Bike rentals can be expensive. If you plan on staying long, it’s better if you buy a used bike instead.
- Even though cars are not allowed within city walls during the summer, parking outside the walls is free.
- If you’re taking the ferry from Visby, be sure to reach the port bright and early as it can get very crowded later in the day and you might have to wait a long time to catch one.
- Gotlandsdricke is local beer which is no longer legal to sell, however you can brew it home without any legality issues. If you’re lucky enough to know a local, you might be able to savour it.
- Some of the streets in the city can be quite narrow and are cobblestone-paved which may make it difficult for the handicapped.
Travel to Visby- Know before you go to Visby
Facts and Stats for Visby*
Visby: Crime and Safety
How safe is Visby for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Visby.
Living in Visby - Quality of Life
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Attractions in Visby
Visby Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Visby