Visby Tourism, Sweden
Visit Visby - Best of Visby
Situated on the west coast of Gotland island in Sweden, Visby is popular tourist sightseeing destination especially between the months of June and August. It’s called the city of roses or the city of ruins—just the way two widely divergent words like roses and ruins describe this city, Visby is a perfectly preserved medieval city that also likes to party – an eclectic tourist attraction! This city is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. One defining feature of the city is the 3.4 km long wall that encircles a large part of the town.
Visby Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Visby tips for your visit
- Bike rentals can be expensive. If you plan on staying long, it’s better if you buy a used bike instead.
- Even though cars are not allowed within city walls during the summer, parking outside the walls is free.
- If you’re taking the ferry from Visby, be sure to reach the port bright and early as it can get very crowded later in the day and you might have to wait a long time to catch one.
- Gotlandsdricke is local beer which is no longer legal to sell, however you can brew it home without any legality issues. If you’re lucky enough to know a local, you might be able to savour it.
- Some of the streets in the city can be quite narrow and are cobblestone-paved which may make it difficult for the handicapped.
Are you looking for a Visby travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Visby- Know before you go to Visby
Facts and Stats for Visby*
Visby: Crime and Safety
How safe is Visby for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Visby.
Burglary and Theft 100 (Very High)
Mugging and Robbery 100 (Very High)
Assault and Armed Robbery 100 (Very High)
Corruption and Bribery 100 (Very High)
Car Stealing 100 (Very High)
Robbery of Car belongings 100 (Very High)
Attacks 100 (Very High)
Drug offense 100 (Very High)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 100 (Very High)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 100 (Very High)
Property crimes and Vandalism 100 (Very High)
Living in Visby - Quality of Life
Climate Index 74.82 (High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Visby
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Visby
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.11 USD
International Movie per seat 12.66 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 36.7 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 92.09 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 80.58 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Visby Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Visby
- Kalmar Tourism
- Norrkopping Tourism
- Vårsta Tourism
- Bagarmossen Tourism
- Stockholm Tourism
- Taberg Tourism
- Uppsala Tourism
- Lagan Tourism
- Algaras Tourism
- Skinnskatteberg Tourism
- Östra Öskevik Tourism
- Frebro Tourism
- Gothenburg Tourism
- Lund Tourism
- Kiruna Tourism
- Halmstad Tourism
- Bastad Tourism
- Filipstad Tourism
- Jukkasjarvi Tourism
- Ammarnäs Tourism
- Linhult Tourism
- Furudals Bruk Tourism
- Estenstorp Tourism
- Bråna Tourism