How to Reach Visby
How to reach Visby
- By Air: The Visby Airport is situated 5 km north of the city and is the 12th largest airport in Sweden. Flights operate from the cities of Stockholm and Linköping all year round. Flights from Oslo, Hamburg, Gothenburg, and Ängelholm only operate during the summer months.
- By Boat: The cheapest way to get to Visby is by ferry. Ferries operate from Oskarshamn and Nynäshamn. The cruise ships that ply on the Baltic Sea from May to September also stop at the Visby port.
- By Car: You can drive till Oskarshamn and Nynäshamn and you can bring your car on the ferry. The journey will take you approximately three hours.
- By Bicycle: Plenty of bike rental places allow you to rent bikes during the summer months and it is one of the best ways to see this city.
- By Bus: Buses ply regularly through the city and this is a good and inexpensive way to commute.
- On Foot: If you wish to have an authentic and enjoyable experience in the city, travel on foot, especially the Old Town.
- By Car: You have the option of travelling by car, however cars are not allowed within the city walls during the summer months.
- By Taxi: You can avail taxis very easily, however they will surely pinch your pocket. You can use taxi services like Din Taxi Gotland, Taxi Gotland, Gute Taxi and Taxi Kurir Gotland.