Dolphins Nose747 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Dolphin's Nose, Gangavaram, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, Vishakhapatnam, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Geological Formation, Light House, View Point, Family And Kids
Dolphin's Nose is a huge rocky headland, around 174 metres in height. The rock gets its name because of its resemblance to a dolphin's nose which is located 358 metres above sea level. This Vizag tourist place is popular with visitors because of the natural rock that projects majestically from the Bay of Bengal. On top of rock formation is a huge lighthouse, which is renowned for its powerful beam. This is the oldest lighthouse in the city and offers stunning panoramic views of the Bay and the city. An essential attraction in any Vishakhapatnam sightseeing tours!
Dolphins Nose Travel Tips
- Lighthouse visiting timings are 3pm to 5pm.
- The place might not be suitable for kids, elderly and disabled as there are about 70 steps to be climbed for the Lighthouse.
How to Reach Dolphins Nose
- The Ambedkar Colony bus stop and Janatha Colony bus stop are closest to this attraction.
- 4 seasons
- Food court
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Vishakhapatnam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Vishakhapatnam and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Vishakhapatnam include Dolphins Nose in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
35.71% of people start their Dolphins Nose visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Dolphins Nose
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dolphins Nose