Are you looking for what to do in Vishakhapatnam?
THINGS TO SEE
Visakhapatnam has lots of places of attractions like the beaches, parks on the hilltop across the sea, zoological park , long drives along the beach road, and wildlife sanctuary. These places are all around the city of Visakhapatnam within a radius of 100 kms.
There is Rushikonda beach, the Beach road in Kailasagiri, the hill shrine in Simhachalam of Lord Narasimha, The Ramanaidu Film studios and the Indira Gandhi Zoological parks are the famous places to visit in this city
There are many places in Visakhapatnam which includes beaches, Temples, Zoological park, Shopping centers and many more
- Beaches in Vishakapatnam would be clean when compared to other beaches across South India particular among the ones in Chennai.You can take a long ride along the beach road and if you prefer to visit a beach within the city then RK beach is a good choice to visit and enjoy the cool breeze in the evenings.
- The city still has some ancient buildings constructed during the period when kings used to rule the country. Building would depict the culture of the city.
Indira Gandhi Zoological Park
- This park is situated at a 25 KM distance from the city and you can reach by 30 to 40 minutes drive. This place has many animals and many species of birds which widely come from various places around the world. Animals generally include the ones seen in zoological parks in India like Elephant, Tiger and Crocodile
- Almost all the cities along the sea coast where occupied by Dutch and Portuguese people compared to British men as they were able to reach these places through sea. Vishakapatnam was not an exception to the invasion by Dutch and hence they have a cemetery for their own and their tombs would be fine sculptured and notes would have been written on them in Dutch language.
- It is the rock resembling the shape of Dolphin and you can find this rock in the Vishakapatnam beach. Since the rock is 174 meters high and 358 meters in width a light house was constructed at the top of this rock and hence could direct ships which are at a distance of 65 kilometers .
Below we have a list of things to do in Vishakhapatnam and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Vishakhapatnam getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Vishakhapatnam with confidence.