Established in the year 1916, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is one of the oldest national parks in USA. It consists within it two of the major volcanoes found in Hawaii. Mauna Loa as well as Kilauea are encompassed within this National Park. It is a designated International Biosphere Reserve and was announced as a World heritage site in the year 1987. You can undertake various activities here such as hiking and camping. You would need prior permission for rock climbing. More than half of the park is full of exciting wilderness and it is definitely an attraction that you should not miss. Remember to visit the Kilauea center first thing when you visit.
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Travel Tips
- Find out about the weather condition in advance.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park : (Private Vehicle) USD 15.00
- Admits one private non-commercial vehicle (capacity 15 or less) and all of its passengers. Valid for 7 days. Organized non-profit groups, (service organizations, scouts, church groups, college/school clubs) are not eligible.
- Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park : (Motorcycle) USD 10.00
- Per motorcycle : Valid for 7 days
- Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park : (Bicycle) USD 8.00
- Per bicycle : Valid for 7 days
- Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park : (Individual) USD 8.00
- Per walk-in pedestrian : Valid for 7 days
- Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park : (Groups) USD 8.00
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Hours
- Twice a day at 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., the 1959 eruption video of Kilauea Iki is featured in the auditorium.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Volcano before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Volcano and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Volcano include Hawaii Volcanoes National Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
62.86% of people start their Hawaii Volcanoes National Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
77.42% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Reviews & Ratings
Pretty solid all in all. An amazing place to see. A must hike any trail there all magical. Hike the crater for an all out adventure. Or just sit in the car with a burger and enjoy the Energy of the most energetic places on earth. Bring your Sage or bring you Prade it don't matter.
Came here as part of a shore excursion with Celebrity Cruises on the Celebrity Solstice. The park is beautiful and has lots to see and explore. Parking is cheap from what I was told compared to other public parks and recreation areas. Prepare for a hike if you're going to the volcano rim, and bring lots of water and a very good camera! The volcano restaurant is a great place to shop for souvenirs and grab a hardy meal after your adventures in the park.
This park is amazing and so worth the $25 per car!! There's so much to explore and the volcano is so cool! Definitely drive the 40 minutes to the arch. The drive there is absolutely beautiful and the stars are so clear at night! Had such a great night here. Definitely a must on the big island!
Once in a lifetime experience. Nature never ceases to amaze. I did only a party of the whole tour given time constraints. The whole event it scenic. Not really sure how to explain it all but will let the pictures tell the story.
Loved this place. We went here and visited. It was an amazing time. The park is extremely beautiful. The tour guides were knowledgeable and engaging. It is crazy to think about all that has happened in a year. We will definitely be back!