Jaggar MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Hawaii 96718, United States, Volcano
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8089856000
- Ticket Price: 8 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, History Museum, Family And Kids
Jaggar Museum - Review
Jaggar Museum is a definite site to visit when going to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. In the year 1908, a lot of people were killed in an earthquake in Italy. That is when Thomas Jaggar decided that this is the time that something should be done about the research on seismic and volcanic activity. The rest as they say is history. With funding found in a year, today this museum stands with its head held high and gives an amazing panoramic view of the Kilauea volcano. The museum was also largely renovated in the year 2008. Today it is a great attraction to find out about the history of the two most major volcanic eruptions.
Jaggar Museum Ticket Prices
- Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park : (Private Vehicle) USD 15.00
- Admits one private non-commercial vehicle (capacity 15 or less) and all of its passengers. Valid for 7 days. Organized non-profit groups, (service organizations, scouts, church groups, college/school clubs) are not eligible.
- Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park : (Motorcycle) USD 10.00
- Per motorcycle : Valid for 7 days
- Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park : (Bicycle) USD 8.00
- Per bicycle : Valid for 7 days
- Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park : (Individual) USD 8.00
- Per walk-in pedestrian : Valid for 7 days
- Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park : (Groups) USD 8.00
Jaggar Museum Hours
- For more information please refer to the official website.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Volcano before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Volcano and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Jaggar Museum
95% of people who visit Volcano include Jaggar Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
43.75% of people start their Jaggar Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jaggar Museum
61.29% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jaggar Museum
Jaggar Museum, Volcano Reviews
It’s the best place to view the Kilauea Volcano's Crater. On regular day, you cannot expect to see any lava. There are only smoke coming out of the crater or it could be nothing. It could be crowded as everyone would come here to take a picture. Whatever, it’s totally worth the effort to come here.
Took this as a tour guide. Wonderful pictures of scene lava and the crater. Museum was very informational but small. Expect crowds. This trip was done about 2 months ago prior to the eruption
Wonderful place. We could see live volcanoes beside this museum. We could gather knowledge about the local people & history of volcanoes eruption here. The Polynesians tribes history was there. We could see lot of books too there & those were available for sale. The scientists studying about volcanoes, tools were kept there to look at.
Great location to view the lava crater. I saw 3 shooting stars while up there. Phenomenal place. Respect and Love to Goddess Pele
Good place to watch Volcano Lava of Kilauea crater nice place for people of every ages, good parking space. They have great display of VNP rocks and you can learn many things about Hawaii Islands.