Jaggar Museum is a definite site to visit when going to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. In the year 1908, a lot of people were killed in an earthquake in Italy. That is when Thomas Jaggar decided that this is the time that something should be done about the research on seismic and volcanic activity. The rest as they say is history. With funding found in a year, today this museum stands with its head held high and gives an amazing panoramic view of the Kilauea volcano. The museum was also largely renovated in the year 2008. Today it is a great attraction to find out about the history of the two most major volcanic eruptions.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jaggar Museum
- Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park : (Private Vehicle) USD 15.00
- Admits one private non-commercial vehicle (capacity 15 or less) and all of its passengers. Valid for 7 days. Organized non-profit groups, (service organizations, scouts, church groups, college/school clubs) are not eligible.
- Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park : (Motorcycle) USD 10.00
- Per motorcycle : Valid for 7 days
- Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park : (Bicycle) USD 8.00
- Per bicycle : Valid for 7 days
- Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park : (Individual) USD 8.00
- Per walk-in pedestrian : Valid for 7 days
- Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park : (Groups) USD 8.00
Jaggar Museum Hours
- For more information please refer to the official website.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Volcano before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Volcano and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Volcano include Jaggar Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
43.75% of people start their Jaggar Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jaggar Museum
61.29% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jaggar Museum