Cheese Factory VolendamCurrently Open [Closes at 06:30 pm]
- Address: Haven 25, 1131 EP Volendam, Netherlands
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +31-299350479
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Factory
Cheese Factory Volendam - Review
The Dutch have a firm love affair with their cheese. This museum and factory exhibits the history, evolution and current production methods of Dutch cheese. There are three sections to the tour:
- Museum: Located in the basement, this room explores the discovery of cheese 6000 years ago, and traditional cheese making methods through historical artefacts and photographs.
- Factory: An expert will take you through the whole sequence of steps by which tonnes of milk are daily processed into cheese of different flavours - lactic acid, curd stage, brine bath and ripening.
- Tasting: After an explanation of the ripening process, you will learn to identify between different scents, flavours and structures of cheese.
There's also a movie on cheese making that runs on a loop. The staff is super friendly. And at the end of it all, you can of course by your own cheese before you leave.
How To reach Cheese Factory Volendam by Public Transport
- Walk, cycle, or drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Volendam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Volendam and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Cheese Factory Volendam
95% of people who visit Volendam include Cheese Factory Volendam in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
54.17% of people start their Cheese Factory Volendam visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Cheese Factory Volendam
92.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cheese Factory Volendam
Cheese Factory Volendam Trips
Cheese Factory Volendam, Volendam Reviews
Not much of a cheese factory. Neat but at same time ordinary. Nice staff. More of a cheese store. Good stuff but more built up for tourists. Would have been more interesting if this were an actual factory. Enjoyed the overall experience.
It was quite a let down actually. It's hardly a cheese factory. More like a cheese shop demonstrating the cheese making process. Very artificial. They do have cheese you can taste before buying but that's what most cheese shops do. There is much better things to do in Volendam. Skip if tight on time
Nice place, the presentation on how to make the cheese was made by a wonderful lady wearing a traditional dutch costume. If you are a cheese lover you are going to love this place. The pleasant smell of the cheese is all over the place. Also you can taste a wide verity of cheese.
Great factory and great cheese! Visited the factory whilst on the country side tour. Had a short presentation about the making of the cheese and all the different kinds of traditional gouda cheese. People working there definitely know their cheese! The cheese shop there is also great with a variety of deals and types of cheeses to taste.
Take a break from the bustle of tourists and escape to this lovely cheese museum with free entry. The whole cheese-making process is shared in life-sized as well as miniature exhibitions. Friendly and welcoming staff. Good cheese on sale before you leave.