How to Reach Volendam
How to reach Volendam
- By Air: The nearest airport is the Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
- By Bus: Buses go to central Volendam from Amsterdam, Zaanse Schans, Edam and Purmerend.
- By Boat: During the summer, one of the most popular activities in town is taking the Ferry to Marken from the city Marina.
- By Car: Amsterdam is about 30 minutes away by car. Parking for free at Roompot Marina Park.
- By Foot: Most of the town's major attractions are near the marina, only a few minutes walk from each other.
- By Car: While it's possible to take your own car around, parking is just an inconvenience.
- By Cycle: Biking is quite popular in Volendam, but the city itself does not offer cycle rentals. For that, try Edam, which is a 30 minute walk away.
Modes of Transportation in Volendam
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Volendam. The most preferred mode of transport in Volendam is Car.
Average distance: 20.1 km Average time: 27.2 min
Car 40%Driving 32.5 min Overall average time for 31.5 kms 32.5 min
Train/Metro 20%Train 20 min Bus 5 min Waiting 3 min Walking 3 min Overall average time for 30 kms 31 min
Walking 20%Walking 15 min Bike 5 min Overall average time for 2.5 kms 20 min
Bike 20%Bike 20 min Overall average time for 5 kms 20 min