How to Reach Volendam
- By Air: The nearest airport is the Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
- By Bus: Buses go to central Volendam from Amsterdam, Zaanse Schans, Edam and Purmerend.
- By Boat: During the summer, one of the most popular activities in town is taking the Ferry to Marken from the city Marina.
- By Car: Amsterdam is about 30 minutes away by car. Parking for free at Roompot Marina Park.
- By Foot: Most of the town's major attractions are near the marina, only a few minutes walk from each other.
- By Car: While it's possible to take your own car around, parking is just an inconvenience.
- By Cycle: Biking is quite popular in Volendam, but the city itself does not offer cycle rentals. For that, try Edam, which is a 30 minute walk away.