How to Reach Volendam, Netherlands
The Easiest Way to Reach Volendam
- By Air: The nearest airport is the Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
- By Bus: Buses go to central Volendam from Amsterdam, Zaanse Schans, Edam and Purmerend.
- By Boat: During the summer, one of the most popular activities in town is taking the Ferry to Marken from the city Marina.
- By Car: Amsterdam is about 30 minutes away by car. Parking for free at Roompot Marina Park.
- By Foot: Most of the town's major attractions are near the marina, only a few minutes walk from each other.
- By Car: While it's possible to take your own car around, parking is just an inconvenience.
- By Cycle: Biking is quite popular in Volendam, but the city itself does not offer cycle rentals. For that, try Edam, which is a 30 minute walk away.
Are you looking for a Volendam travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Volendam
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Volendam. The most preferred mode of transport in Volendam is Car.
Average distance: 22.92 km Average time: 27.67 min
Car 33.33%Driving 32.5 min Overall average time for 31.5 kms 32.5 min
Walking 16.67%Walking 15 min Bike 5 min Overall average time for 2.5 kms 20 min
Bike 16.67%Bike 20 min Overall average time for 5 kms 20 min
Motorbike 16.67%Motorbike 25 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 37 kms 30 min
Train/Metro 16.67%Train 20 min Bus 5 min Waiting 3 min Walking 3 min Overall average time for 30 kms 31 min
How to Reach Volendam from Nearby Cities
|Edam to Volendam||3.14 km||3 mins|
|Amsterdam to Volendam||22.88 km||30 mins|
|Assendelft to Volendam||35.21 km||35 mins|
- How to reach Amsterdam
- How to reach The Hague
- How to reach Rotterdam
- How to reach Eindhoven
- How to reach Assen
- How to reach Marken