About Valkenburg, Volendam
File:Ltspkr.pngValkenburg (population: 3,900 in 2006) is a village and former municipality in the province of South Holland, in thewestern Netherlands. Valkenburg is now part of the municipality Katwijk. On 1 January 2006, Valkenburg and Rijnsburg were merged into the new municipality Katwijk. The former municipality of Valkenburg had about 3878 inhabitants (1 June 2005) and a surface area of 15.74 km² (6.08 mile²) of which 0.23 km² (0.09 mile²) is water. On the second Wednesday in September there is a horse market, the oldest in the Netherlands. 2010 marked its 1066th year of operation. The former military airbase, which was situated here since 1936, was closed in 2006.Wikipedia
Overview of Valkenburg
Valkenburg lies in the city of Volendam in Netherlands. Valkenburg is not generally crowded with tourists and visitors.
Valkenburg is not one of the most important things to do in Volendam like Cheese Factory Volendam, Roompot Vakanties Marinapark Volendam, Foto De Boer, Volendams Museum and Cheese And Wooden Shoes Factory Alida Hoeve.
For other interesting insights of the city, you can explore Volendam tours.
More about Volendam
Personalize your visit to the city by chalking out a plan using Volendam trip planner.
You won't miss your home when in Volendam, hotels in Volendam like Art Hotel Spaander, Hotel Pension De Harmonie, Hotel Old Dutch and Van Der Valk Purmerend offer some of the best places to stay in the city.
Choose from variety of exclusive Volendam vacation packages for your next visit or create own own. Check out the various options for how to reach Volendam and finish off your vacation package by booking the ideal transfer.
Book Valkenburg Tickets And Tours
The tour gives insight on the life of the people of Amsterdam. It takes you across the villages of Zaanse Schans, Volendam and Marken and gives you a chance to experience their lifestyle. The tour also includes a visit to a windmill and a Cheese factory.
The journey takes you on an epic adventure to explore the whole city of Amsterdam. From historical monuments to picturesque structures the tour makes sure you do not miss out on anything. Get to visit the Windmill, Diamond factory, Marken, Volendam and the cheese factory.
If you want to know how the people of amsterdam actually live then visiting the Marken, Volendam, Edam and the Zaanse Schans villages is the best ide. The trip includes a visit to each of these villages to interact with them and perhaps share a meal. The trip includes a visit to the cheese tasting room.
The combination tour gives you the perfect opportunity to explore Amsterdam in a short span. Get to see the picturesque Volendam, Marken and Windmills that will leave you spell bound by their grandeur. The tour also includes Keukenhof, a destination that is known for its valley of elegant flowers that cover the whole region. Experience the Amsterdam way of living and explore the city to its fullest.
Share your experience - Rate Valkenburg, Volendam
- Other Attractions
- Charlie Chaplin Statue
- Alimentarium Food Museum
- Nestle Headquarters
- Swiss Museum Of Games
- Villa Le Lac
- Swiss Museum Of Cameras
- Plein Ciel Tower
- Jenisch Arts And Cantonal Stamp Museum
- Lavaux Golf Club
- Church Of St. Vervara
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Luxury Hotels Near Charlie Chaplin Statue
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Alimentarium Food Museum
- Cheap Hotels Near Nestle Headquarters
- Luxury Hotels Near Swiss Museum Of Games
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Villa Le Lac
- Cheap Hotels Near Swiss Museum Of Cameras
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Plein Ciel Tower
- 5 Star Hotels Near Jenisch Arts And Cantonal Stamp Museum
- Budget Hotels Near Lavaux Golf Club
- Luxury Hotels Near Church Of St. Vervara
- City Tripplans
- Europe Part 2 - Swiss, Paris, Amsterdam
- Trip to Amsterdam, Volendam, Holland
- Trip to Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Volendam
- 7 Day Trip to Amsterdam, Volendam, Giethoorn from Bonn
- 14 Day Trip to Amsterdam, Volendam, The Hague from Saskatoon
- Trip to Berlin, Amsterdam, Volendam
- Trip to Berlin, Amsterdam, Volendam
- Trip to Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Volendam
- 4 Day Trip to Amsterdam from Mexico City
- 15 Day Trip to France, Italy, Malaysia, Netherlands from Jakarta