Visit Vrindavan - Best of Vrindavan
Vrindavan is a sacred place for Hindus, as it is the place where Lord Krishna, one of the most loved Hindu deities, spent his childhood. Every Indian has grown up listening to Krishna's tales of how he was brought to the city from Mathura through the Vrindavan Forest, how he stole home-made butter from all the houses in Vrindavan, how he stole clothes of bathing cowgirls and his eternal love for his beloved Radha. Visiting Vrindavan will indeed give you the feel of that same kind of fun and bliss that even the gods felt here.
The temples are all architectural wonders, with some of them displaying the craftmanship inspired by southern India. The gardens are peaceful and will definitely make you feel a kind of elation at a spiritual level. For every visitor, Vrindavan always welcomes them with a warmth and hospitality, that will surely make you feel completely relaxed.
Vrindavan is indeed a place that will satiate your body, mind and soul.
Vrindavan Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Vrindavan tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC + 05:30
- Currency: Indian National Rupee
- Electricity and Internet: 220-240 Volts of electricity output. 3G mobile services are available in Vrindavan. High speed Broadband services are available at most of the hotels.
- Languages: Hindi, English and Brajbhasha.
- Govt. of U.P. Tourist Bureau: +91 0565-2407822
- Police Helpline: +91 9454403953
- Kailash Sharma Ambulance: +91 9690216716
- Although not necessary, tipping is appreciated in Vrindavan.
- Temple Scam: For those taking guided tours, beware of this scam. You can be led to a temple and made to participate in a simple ceremony. Post this the priest might ask you to pay a huge amount of money as donation. Do not oblige, and walk away if you feel discomfort.
- Monkeys: Vrindavan has a lot of monkeys who are prone to stealing your items. In some places these monkeys are trained to do so, and there would be a few local boys who would ask you for money for retrieving your valuables.
- Widows: A lot of them reside in Vrindavan, and you might see a few on the roads, begging for money or making indecent offers. It is best to walk away from them.
- Kindly dress appropriately while going to the temples. Any kind of revealing clothes is frowned upon. Before entering any temple, shoes must be removed outside.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Vrindavan and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Vrindavan- Know before you go to Vrindavan
Facts and Stats for Vrindavan*
Pollution Statistics in Vrindavan
Know the pollution level of Vrindavan before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 47.73 (Moderate)
Water Pollution 54.17 (Moderate)
Noise and Light Pollution 47.73 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 58.33 (Moderate)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 47.92 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 68.18 (High)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 35.42 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 66.67 (High)
Vrindavan: Crime and Safety
How safe is Vrindavan for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Vrindavan.
Burglary and Theft 75 (High)
Mugging and Robbery 75 (High)
Assault and Armed Robbery 75 (High)
Corruption and Bribery 75 (High)
Car Stealing 75 (High)
Robbery of Car belongings 75 (High)
Attacks 75 (High)
Drug offense 68.75 (High)
Safety walking alone during daylight 31.25 (Low)
Safety walking alone during night 25 (Low)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 75 (High)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 56.25 (Moderate)
Property crimes and Vandalism 75 (High)
Living in Vrindavan - Quality of Life
Safety Index 27.73 (Low)
Pollution Index 58.62 (Moderate)
Cost of Living Index 28.17 (Very Low)
Health Care Index 11.11 (Very Low)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Vrindavan
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Vrindavan
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.01 USD
International Movie per seat 3.85 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 33.96 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 57.81 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 37.97 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Vrindavan Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Vrindavan
- Cities Near Vrindavan
- Kiraoli Tourism
- Bhaklana Tourism
- Bara Uchana Tourism
- Jaspur Tourism
- Thana Tourism
- Haryana Marketing Tourism
- Kraska Tourism
- Asalwas Tourism
- Dabkan Tourism
- Akrampur Tourism
- Indok Tourism
- Saver Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Remus Tourism
- Warrawee Tourism
- Lindome Tourism
- Kattingere Tourism
- Tybo Court Tourism
- Axbridge Tourism
- Notting Hill Tourism
- San Michele Tourism
- Garrett Park Tourism
- Robbins Tourism