Vrindavan is a sacred place for Hindus, as it is the place where Lord Krishna, one of the most loved Hindu deities, spent his childhood. Every Indian has grown up listening to Krishna's tales of how he was brought to the city from Mathura through the Vrindavan Forest, how he stole home-made butter from all the houses in Vrindavan, how he stole clothes of bathing cowgirls and his eternal love for his beloved Radha. Visiting Vrindavan will indeed give you the feel of that same kind of fun and bliss that even the gods felt here.
The temples are all architectural wonders, with some of them displaying the craftmanship inspired by southern India. The gardens are peaceful and will definitely make you feel a kind of elation at a spiritual level. For every visitor, Vrindavan always welcomes them with a warmth and hospitality, that will surely make you feel completely relaxed.
Vrindavan is indeed a place that will satiate your body, mind and soul.
Essential travel information and Vrindavan tips for your visit
- Time Zone: UTC + 05:30
- Currency: Indian National Rupee
- Electricity and Internet: 220-240 Volts of electricity output. 3G mobile services are available in Vrindavan. High speed Broadband services are available at most of the hotels.
- Languages: Hindi, English and Brajbhasha.
- Govt. of U.P. Tourist Bureau: +91 0565-2407822
- Police Helpline: +91 9454403953
- Kailash Sharma Ambulance: +91 9690216716
- Although not necessary, tipping is appreciated in Vrindavan.
- Temple Scam: For those taking guided tours, beware of this scam. You can be led to a temple and made to participate in a simple ceremony. Post this the priest might ask you to pay a huge amount of money as donation. Do not oblige, and walk away if you feel discomfort.
- Monkeys: Vrindavan has a lot of monkeys who are prone to stealing your items. In some places these monkeys are trained to do so, and there would be a few local boys who would ask you for money for retrieving your valuables.
- Widows: A lot of them reside in Vrindavan, and you might see a few on the roads, begging for money or making indecent offers. It is best to walk away from them.
- Kindly dress appropriately while going to the temples. Any kind of revealing clothes is frowned upon. Before entering any temple, shoes must be removed outside.
Vrindavan Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Vrindavan. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Vrindavan trip planner.