Events and Festivals in Vrindavan
- Janmashtami Festival: This festival commemorates the birth of Lord Krishna. Plays called 'Raaslila' are put up during this time, depicting the life of the deity.
- Brahmotsava Festival: this festival takes place ten days after Holi, and the main highlight of this festival is the 'Rath Ka Mela' , where thousands of devotees pull a giant wooden chariot from and to the Rangji Temple.
- Jhulan Purnima: Also known as the Swing Festival, Jhulan Purnima is highly popular here. It takes place in late July or in August, and is a celebration of the union of Lord Krishna and his beloved Radha. Idols of both the deities are placed on swings, which are decorated, along with fruits and sweets.
- Swami Haridas Sangeet Avam Nratya Mahotsav: This festival of music and dance is one of the oldest international festivals to take place in India. It is organised in memory of Swami Haridas.
Trip plans for Vrindavan
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Vrindavan
Events & Festivals in Cities Near Vrindavan
- Events & Festivals in Mathura
- Events & Festivals in Gokul
- Events & Festivals in Radha Kund
- Events & Festivals in Kosi Kalan
- Events & Festivals in Badaun
- Events & Festivals in Fatehpur Sikri