Wagga Wagga Botanic GardensCurrently Open [Closes at 04:00 pm]
- Address: Willians Hill, Macleay Street, WaggaWagga,New South Wales 2650, Australia, Wagga Wagga
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-1300100122
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Garden, Park, Zoo, Botanical Garden, Cafe, Tourist Center, Leisure, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature, Train Ride, Bird Watching
This is a huge and famous botanical garden. It covers an area of 20 hectares. The variety of plants is wide. The extensive flowerbeds here are a treasure to behold. Not only is the place scenic, it is also full of activities. A lot of major events in the city are staged here. Also, there is a big children’s park. The variousgardens are all differently themed. They have all been tastefully maintained. Nature lovers would ove to explore this place. And it’s also a good place to hang out on a lazy day. The Highlights include:
- The Model Railway
- The zoo
- The Tree Chapel- a rustic and simplistic place for open-air services and weddings
- Camellia Garden
- Cactus Garden
- Shakespearean Garden
- The Rainforest Gully
- Play and Picnic area
- Rose Garden
- Museum of the Riverina
- Music Bowl- The Outdoor Concert Area
- The walk inside is long and tiring. Carry bottles of water with you.
- The heat is unforgiving in the afternoon. Wear hats to carry umbrellas.
- Train Ride: AUD 2.00
- Mini Zoo: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Train ride: 10:30 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4 pm
- Bus: 960 at Coleman St And Macleay St
- Hire a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Wagga Wagga before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wagga Wagga and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Wagga Wagga include Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens in their plan
86.67% of people start their Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens
A pleasant surprise for us. Some really great gardens have been put together and maintained by the staff. The nature reserve was good too.
Beautiful gardens. It has a lovely variety of gardens, model trains, a small zoo and excellent playgrounds for kids.
I love the Botanic gardens. The Zoo and train are both awesome attractions
Hurt my ankle in a hole that was hidden in the grass but a great place to play trains
The miniature railway is fantastic, the "zoo" is worth the walk and the kids area with BBQ's are great.