Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens, Wagga WaggaCurrently Open [Closes at 04:00 pm]
- Address: Willians Hill, Macleay Street, WaggaWagga,New South Wales 2650, Australia, Wagga Wagga
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-1300100122
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Garden, Park, Zoo, Botanical Garden, Cafe, Tourist Center, Leisure, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature, Train Ride, Bird Watching
About Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens, Wagga Wagga
This is a huge and famous botanical garden. It covers an area of 20 hectares. The variety of plants is wide. The extensive flowerbeds here are a treasure to behold. Not only is the place scenic, it is also full of activities. A lot of major events in the city are staged here. Also, there is a big children’s park. The variousgardens are all differently themed. They have all been tastefully maintained. Nature lovers would ove to explore this place. And it’s also a good place to hang out on a lazy day. The Highlights include:
- The Model Railway
- The zoo
- The Tree Chapel- a rustic and simplistic place for open-air services and weddings
- Camellia Garden
- Cactus Garden
- Shakespearean Garden
- The Rainforest Gully
- Play and Picnic area
- Rose Garden
- Museum of the Riverina
- Music Bowl- The Outdoor Concert Area
Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens Information
- The walk inside is long and tiring. Carry bottles of water with you.
- The heat is unforgiving in the afternoon. Wear hats to carry umbrellas.
Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens Ticket Prices
- Train Ride: AUD 2.00
Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens Opening and Closing Hours
- Mini Zoo: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Train ride: 10:30 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4 pm
How To reach Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens by Public Transport
- Bus: 960 at Coleman St And Macleay St
- Hire a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Wagga Wagga before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wagga Wagga and book an accommodation of your choice.
Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens, Wagga Wagga Reviews
Good place to take the family.. look at and feed the animals, has two playgrounds, bbq's, toilets, cafe, chairs and beautiful gardens.. lots to do and see.. good way to spend an afternoon
Absolutely beautiful park with plenty of shade tree's, there are free BBQ in this park all under cover, public toilets are clean, plenty of parking throughout the park, wheelchair access is good, there is a small Zoo in this park that is free to enter, a wonderful children's play area, small cafe to buy light meals and snacks. Walking tracks with free excercise stations to keep your fitness up, there is also a Chinese Garden within the park worth taking a look as well also a Water Wise Garden.
A great place to visit. Feed the animals, wonder through the various gardens, ride the trains or have a BBQ with family and friends. Excellent for young children.
Nice place to get out with kids, could be better if have little more spots under trees to sit down and relax
Brilliant!!! Our local council could learn alot from the layout of these gardens..just stunning... and the free zoo is magnificent to stroll around with the kids...we spent 4.5 hours here and still didn't see everything...only downside for us is that we spent so long wandering around we missed lunch at cafe... maybe need to extend lunch hours especially now weathers warming up...had to leave to find food
All QuestionsWagga Wagga Botanic Gardens
- Attractions near Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens
- Oasis Regional Aquatic Centre