Wagga Wagga Botanic GardensCurrently Open [Closes at 04:00 pm]
- Address: Willians Hill, Macleay Street, WaggaWagga,New South Wales 2650, Australia, Wagga Wagga
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-1300100122
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Garden, Park, Zoo, Botanical Garden, Cafe, Tourist Center, Leisure, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature, Train Ride, Bird Watching
About Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens, Wagga Wagga
This is a huge and famous botanical garden. It covers an area of 20 hectares. The variety of plants is wide. The extensive flowerbeds here are a treasure to behold. Not only is the place scenic, it is also full of activities. A lot of major events in the city are staged here. Also, there is a big children’s park. The variousgardens are all differently themed. They have all been tastefully maintained. Nature lovers would ove to explore this place. And it’s also a good place to hang out on a lazy day. The Highlights include:
- The Model Railway
- The zoo
- The Tree Chapel- a rustic and simplistic place for open-air services and weddings
- Camellia Garden
- Cactus Garden
- Shakespearean Garden
- The Rainforest Gully
- Play and Picnic area
- Rose Garden
- Museum of the Riverina
- Music Bowl- The Outdoor Concert Area
Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens Information
- The walk inside is long and tiring. Carry bottles of water with you.
- The heat is unforgiving in the afternoon. Wear hats to carry umbrellas.
Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens Ticket Prices
- Train Ride: AUD 2.00
Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens Opening and Closing Hours
- Mini Zoo: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Train ride: 10:30 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4 pm
How To reach Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens by Public Transport
- Bus: 960 at Coleman St And Macleay St
- Hire a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Wagga Wagga before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wagga Wagga and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens
95% of people who visit Wagga Wagga include Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
82.66% of people start their Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens
Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens Map
Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens Trips
Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens, Wagga Wagga Reviews
These gardens and zoo are delightful and free to the public! The zoo animals are in clean enclosures, at the time I attended the entire zoo seemed unattended but that added to its charm as I seemed to have the place to myself. The native garden beds were okay, nothing too unusual but it was nice to see some mature versions of garden-variety natives on display.
Beautiful Gardens. Australian animals including kangaroos, bird aviary with ducks, parrots, cockatoos, peacocks and others. There's 20 hectares of themed garden beds including Great rose, and Japanese gardens. There's a narrow gage railroad with rides, and a play area. The train has now runs on certain weekends. Check the website. It's close to a Museum. A must visit.
Stunning gardens, wonderfully maintained. A terrific Cafe on site, as well as BBQ facilities and several play area, plus the model railway. A highlight for us is the free zoo on site, always worth the visit.
Beautiful with lots to see and do especially for the kids. Pity they moved the old traction engine from the playground it was an old favourite when I was a kid
Good city for a few days visit. Botanical gardens and museums, zoo are fascinating and FREE
All QuestionsWagga wagga botanic gardens
- Chacknes Art
- Sammer Gallery
- Shenandoah Crash Sites
- The Hangar
- Seeley Lake Museum And Visitors Center
- Ransomville United Methodist Church Parsonage
- Watsonville Community Development Department
- Balsam Bergsvik
- Crawford W. Long Memorial Hospital Heliport
- Motorsports Hall Of Fame Of America
- Levelland Mountain
- Studio Lams
- Ethel Springs Lake
- Church Of The Abiding Presence Truth & Teaching Center U Ds