Wagga Wagga Botanic GardensCurrently Open [Closes at 04:00 pm]
- Address: Willians Hill, Macleay Street, WaggaWagga,New South Wales 2650, Australia, Wagga Wagga
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-1300100122
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Garden, Park, Zoo, Botanical Garden, Cafe, Tourist Center, Leisure, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature, Train Ride, Bird Watching
Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens - Review
This is a huge and famous botanical garden. It covers an area of 20 hectares. The variety of plants is wide. The extensive flowerbeds here are a treasure to behold. Not only is the place scenic, it is also full of activities. A lot of major events in the city are staged here. Also, there is a big children’s park. The variousgardens are all differently themed. They have all been tastefully maintained. Nature lovers would ove to explore this place. And it’s also a good place to hang out on a lazy day. The Highlights include:
- The Model Railway
- The zoo
- The Tree Chapel- a rustic and simplistic place for open-air services and weddings
- Camellia Garden
- Cactus Garden
- Shakespearean Garden
- The Rainforest Gully
- Play and Picnic area
- Rose Garden
- Museum of the Riverina
- Music Bowl- The Outdoor Concert Area
Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens Information
- The walk inside is long and tiring. Carry bottles of water with you.
- The heat is unforgiving in the afternoon. Wear hats to carry umbrellas.
Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens Ticket Prices
- Train Ride: AUD 2.00
Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens Hours
- Mini Zoo: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Train ride: 10:30 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 4 pm
How To reach Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens by Public Transport
- Bus: 960 at Coleman St And Macleay St
- Hire a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Wagga Wagga before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wagga Wagga and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens
95% of people who visit Wagga Wagga include Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens in their plan
86.67% of people start their Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens
Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens Trips
Wagga Wagga Botanic Gardens, Wagga Wagga Reviews
Great place to take your children to see animals and will not brake the bank I my gold coin donation they also have a place where the children can ride a little train that is great fun for the children as well all the big children
The greenest grass I've ever seen in wagga. Beautiful. . Take a picnic.. chill out and relax or go for a nice couple hour walk and enjoy the beauty
The best thing about Wagga! Its gardens are amazing and theres a real calmness to them. Great massive kids play area, zoo with all the cute animals and of course the trains. Plenty of space to relax as well as a Chinese garden. Very well kept with something for everyone to enjoy
Great place for families. Free zoo. Train rides on 3rd Sundays of month, cafe and park. Love it
Great place for a kids party, free to use BBQs and a play area.