Arlington National Cemetery2754 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Arlington Memorial Bridge, Arlington, VA 22211, United States, Washington D. C.
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8779078585
- Tags: War Memorial, Cemetery
America's war heroes have been honoured and find a final resting place at the Arlington National Cemetery. The Cemetery visitor center will be able to guide you and inform you about the people who are buried here.
The Tomb of the Unknowns, otherwise called the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is perhaps the most touching sight to see here. It represents the unknown many that died or disappeared without a trace and haven’t been identified to this day. Soldiers from WWI, WWII, the Korean War and the Vietnam War have been honoured here. A daily salute ceremony which takes place at seven in the morning is perhaps the most poignant way of remembering them all.
An Astonishing number of people (almost 4 million per year) visit this historic site to pay their respects to those who have been pivotal in shaping the fate of the country.
Arlington National Cemetery Travel Tips
- The most ideal approach to get to the cemetery is to take Metro to the Arlington National Cemetery Station, take the express transport from the National Mall, or stroll in over the Memorial Bridge.
Arlington National Cemetery Hours
- Arlington House grounds are open from 8:00 am - 7:00 pm (April and September) and from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (October and March).
How to Reach Arlington National Cemetery
- Arlington Memorial Bridge
- Vidalia Restaurant
- Blue Duck Tavern
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Washington D. C. before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Washington D. C. and book an accommodation of your choice.
22.22% of people who visit Washington D. C. include Arlington National Cemetery in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
25.58% of people start their Arlington National Cemetery visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Arlington National Cemetery
88.57% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Arlington National Cemetery