Events and Festivals in Washington D. C.
- Meet In The Street (March): The annual St. Patrick’s Day celebrations take place in Canton’s O’Donnell Square in Baltimore. The event features live music, food, heated tents, and Irish beer.
- The National Cherry Blossom Festival (March): The event is the celebration of spring in the Washington DC. The event is a symbol of gratitude to the gift of the cherry blossom trees, and the enduring friendship between the people of the United States and Japan. The event features numerous attractions that take place throughout a three-week period.
- Holi DC (April): The festival of colours has been derived from the Indian festival of Holi where there is celebration of love, faith, a generous spirit and new beginnings. The festival features people being covered in non-toxic colours along with music, dance and food.
- Chesapeake Bay Blues Festival (May): The two-day annual festival features a line-up of some of the best local and national blues musicians.
- Wine In The Woods (May): The two-day festival showcases Maryland wines, artisans, specialty foods, wine education, and live music.
- DC Jazz Festival (June): The DC Jazz Festival features more than 100 jazz concerts at various venues throughout DC. Jazz acts from the around the world participate in the festival.
- Artscape (July): Artscape is a 3-day arts festival that features live concerts, theater, fashion shows, films, experimental music, opera, dance, jazz and vocal competitions, crafts, the fine arts, children’s entertainers and much, much, more. This is one of the largest festivals in the city.
- International Festival (August): The International Festival brings together people of different ethnicities and backgrounds living in the Baltimore. The festival includes a soccer tournament, food vendors, activities for kids, and a variety of performance stages.
- National Christmas Tree Lighting (December): The Christmas tree is lit for the first time in early December, on the grounds of the white house, followed by an opening concert. The “Pathway of Peace” surrounds the National Christmas Tree, with trees from every state and territory in the U.S. decorated with unique handmade ornaments.
- H Street Festival (September): The festival takes place in September and features a high-energy block party with live bands, beer tents and ethnic eateries.
All the events and festivals can be covered in Washington D.C. tours, find your events or festivals and book the tours or tickets.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Washington D. C.
34 Day Trip to Las vegas, Miami, Washington, d. c., Los angeles, New york city, San francisco, Chicago from CharlotteBy: Guest UserCity: Miami, Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Washington, D. C.
21 Day Trip to Washington, d. c., Seattle, New york city, San francisco, Chicago from MelbourneBy: Published PrivatelyCity: San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, New York City, Washington, D. C.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Washington D. C.
Save 10%Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC341 Reviews
Duration: 10 Hrs 30 MinsBook Now
Save 10%2-Day Washington DC, Philadelphia and Amish Country Tour from New York55 Reviews
Duration: 2 DaysBook Now
Save 5%In the Footsteps of George Washington: Spirit Day Cruise to Mount Vernon317 Reviews
Duration: 6 Hrs 30 MinsBook Now
Save 8%Smithsonian Natural History & National Gallery of Art Tour Semi-Private 8ppl Max1 Reviews
Duration: 5 Hrs 30 MinsBook Now