Events and Festivals in Washington D. C.
- Meet In The Street (March): The annual St. Patrick’s Day celebrations take place in Canton’s O’Donnell Square in Baltimore. The event features live music, food, heated tents, and Irish beer.
- The National Cherry Blossom Festival (March): The event is the celebration of spring in the Washington DC. The event is a symbol of gratitude to the gift of the cherry blossom trees, and the enduring friendship between the people of the United States and Japan. The event features numerous attractions that take place throughout a three-week period.
- Holi DC (April): The festival of colours has been derived from the Indian festival of Holi where there is celebration of love, faith, a generous spirit and new beginnings. The festival features people being covered in non-toxic colours along with music, dance and food.
- Chesapeake Bay Blues Festival (May): The two-day annual festival features a line-up of some of the best local and national blues musicians.
- Wine In The Woods (May): The two-day festival showcases Maryland wines, artisans, specialty foods, wine education, and live music.
- DC Jazz Festival (June): The DC Jazz Festival features more than 100 jazz concerts at various venues throughout DC. Jazz acts from the around the world participate in the festival.
- Artscape (July): Artscape is a 3-day arts festival that features live concerts, theater, fashion shows, films, experimental music, opera, dance, jazz and vocal competitions, crafts, the fine arts, children’s entertainers and much, much, more. This is one of the largest festivals in the city.
- International Festival (August): The International Festival brings together people of different ethnicities and backgrounds living in the Baltimore. The festival includes a soccer tournament, food vendors, activities for kids, and a variety of performance stages.
- National Christmas Tree Lighting (December): The Christmas tree is lit for the first time in early December, on the grounds of the white house, followed by an opening concert. The “Pathway of Peace” surrounds the National Christmas Tree, with trees from every state and territory in the U.S. decorated with unique handmade ornaments.
- H Street Festival (September): The festival takes place in September and features a high-energy block party with live bands, beer tents and ethnic eateries.
All the events and festivals can be covered in Washington D.C. tours, find your events or festivals and book the tours or tickets.
Trip plans for Washington D. C.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Washington D. C.
Washington D. C. Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Washington D. C.
Save 9%Washington DC in One Day: Guided Sightseeing Tour447 Reviews
Duration: 6 Hrs
See the very best of Washington DC in one day! Aboard a state-of-the-art, luxury 30-passenger coach for a narrated 6-hour tou...
Save 13%Big Bus Washington DC Hop-On Hop-Off Tour713 Reviews
As the authorized concessionaire of the National Park Service, the Big Bus tour is the official sightseeing tour of the Natio...
Save 10%Gettysburg Day Trip from Washington DC334 Reviews
Duration: 10 Hrs 30 Mins
Witness the site of the largest battle ever fought on US soil on this day trip from Washington DC to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania...
Save 5%In the Footsteps of George Washington: Spirit Day Cruise to Mount Vernon14 Reviews
Duration: 6 Hrs 30 Mins
Join us on our 6.5-hour excursion cruise to the infamous Mount Vernon Estate. Your boat tour starts off with a narrated ride ...
- Events & Festivals in Bailey's Crossroads
- Events & Festivals in Cabin John
- Events & Festivals in Temple Hills
- Events & Festivals in Glenarden
- Events & Festivals in Dunn Loring
- Events & Festivals in Wheaton-glenmont