Library Of Congress5923 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 101 Independence Ave SE, Washington, District of Columbia 20540, United States, Washington D. C.
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2027075000
- Tags: Library, Landmark
The Library of Congress is a building that hosts an amazing collection of at least 22,765,967 books as well as many other documents and important artefacts.
The interiors of the building are simply breathtakingly pretty. The lovely wooden desks make the old-worldly charm of the building even more vibrant than usual. They also often have exhibitions related to a wide variety of topics related to the resources of the library. Besides this, several literary events take place at the library very often. If you are looking for a cultural landmark, this will be the ideal addition to your itinerary.
Library Of Congress Travel Tips
- The place is not open for visitors on Sundays.
- Under the authority of current Librarian of Congress James H. Billington, the library set out on a system to make its unique gatherings all the more broadly accessible to general society on the Internet.
- The Library can be completely explored through the free guided tours that take place periodically during the day.
- The public can enter the building through the first street entrance.
How to Reach Library Of Congress
- Independence Ave SE
- Le Bon Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Washington D. C. before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Washington D. C. and book an accommodation of your choice.
49.37% of people who visit Washington D. C. include Library Of Congress in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
74.34% of people start their Library Of Congress visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Library Of Congress
91.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Library Of Congress