Marine Barracks21 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 8th & I Streets SE, Washington, DC 20003, United States, Washington D. C.
- Timings: 07:00 pm - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2024334073
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark
Marine Barracks Washington is located in the corner of the 8th and I streets and is a full-fledged military barracks. The destination is a National Historic Landmark and is the oldest post in the whole country’s Marine Corps. The destination has also been the official residence of the Commandant of the Marine Corpssince the year 1806. The buildings in the place are one of the oldest in the whole city.
Entrance Ticket Details For Marine Barracks
- Ticket is free but registration has to be done.
Marine Barracks Hours
- The Evening Parades are conducted on Fridays only beginning May 1 through Aug. 28, 2015. The start times are 8:45 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Guests with reservations are admitted beginning at 7:00 p.m. and should arrive no later than 7:45 p.m.
How to Reach Marine Barracks
- Take a metro from Potomac Ave Metro.
- Take a bus from SE I St & SE 10th St.
- Take a taxi or rental to the destination.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Washington D. C. before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Washington D. C. and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.16% of people who visit Washington D. C. include Marine Barracks in their plan
95% of people start their Marine Barracks visit around 7 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Marine Barracks
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Marine Barracks
People normally also visit National Museum Of Natural History while planning their trip to Marine Barracks.