Mary Mcleod Bethune Council House National Historic SiteCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 1318 Vermont Ave NW, Washington, DC 20005, United States, Washington D. C.
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2026732402
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Preserving the house of Mary McLeod Bethunethe Mary McLeod Bethune Council House National Historic Site is a destination that one should not miss out on. Visit the destination consists of a three-story scintillating Victorian townhouse and a two-story carriage house. Give the place a friendly visit and you will be more than happy with what you find. Although the archives are open only on reservation there are still plenty of things you will find in the place.
- The last guided tour leaves at 4:00 pm.
- Take the terminal MT Vernon Sq/7th St-Convention Center.
- Take a bus from NW P St & NW 14th St.
- Take a taxi or rental to the destination.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Washington D. C. before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Washington D. C. and book an accommodation of your choice.
This place is a great historical site unfortunately ot was temporarily closed....It was still a good experience.
Right now it is closed due to renovation. It will reopen September 15, 2018. I was a little disappointed, but I am glad they are taking measures to preserve the museum.
Temporarily closed. Check the NPS site for current status.
Interesting photo exhibit of not only Ms Bethune but other relevant historical African Americans of her era
I like it cause its a national park