National Air And Space Museum10035 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Independence Ave at 6th Street, SW Washington, DC 20560, Washington D. C., United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2026332214
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Specialty Museums
National air and space museum tickets -
- Smithsonian national air and space museum tickets: Free
- National air and space museum parking price: USD 15
Museum shows cost -
- Adults: USD 9
- Childs: USD 7.50
National air and space museum hours -
- Everyday: 10 am – 5:30 pm
- August 17 - August 18, 2018: 10 am – 7:30 pm
- September 1 - September 2, 2018: 10 am – 7:30 pm
- Closed on 25th December.
- National air and space museum imax movies and planetarium shows: 9.30 am
The National Air and Space Museum (NASM) in Washington, DC. Inaugurated 1976 as the National Air Museum and it is a part of the Smithsonian Institution, third most visited museum in the world. The Air and Space museum is located on Independence Avenue at 6th Street SW. NASM you will find an amazing variety of planes and rockets as well as crafts of all sizes and shapes from a variety of different eras as well as places. It is not just a museum but also an important aeronautic research center. The 760,000 square feet museum built by Gyo Obata.
Smithsonian national air and space museum is a fascinating place where you will find a variety of historic ari-crafts and items related to space travel on display. Some of the notable Air and Space museum exhibits are the spacesuit worn by David Scott on Apollo 15, Ballistic, Replica of the space suit worn to the moon, Side section of a previous Northwest Boeing 747-100b, Former Eastern Douglas DC-3, Lockheed U and many more. One of the most fascinating things to see are a rock from the moon as well as the Albert Einstein Planetarium. Smithsonian Air and Space Museum is an IMAX theatre and the Public Observatory on the east terrace as well.
Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum Washington DC has a special something for everyone and will keep you occupied. Impressively built, you can go on a learning curve inside the museum that comprises of models of Apollo 11 module, Boeing, and the Friendship 7. Admire the huge collection of objects inside the museum that includes some of the most astonishing achievements of the aviation industry. Further to this, you will also understand the topics of planetary science, spaceflight, terrestrial geology, and geophysics.
Smithsonian air and space museum washington dc place for those who are interested in science and technology. Its treat for young and aspiring astronauts but adults will be able to learn a lot from this Smithsonian museum place as well.
National Air And Space Museum Travel Tips
- Be sure to book the tickets to the IMAX shows in advance during tourist season.
- There is a security check and you are not allowed knives or large bags inside the museum so be dressed accordingly.
- You are allowed to take food inside.
- There are often lectures, talks and events that take place here so do check them out if you want to learn more.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Food and drinks not allowed in museum.
- Wheelchairs are available.
- No public parking available at the Smithsonian on the National Mall.
- 60-minute guided student group tour available.
How to Reach National Air And Space Museum
- Air and Space Museum Pkwy
- Thai Basil
- Pho 98 Restaurant
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Washington D. C. before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Washington D. C. and book an accommodation of your choice.
82.02% of people who visit Washington D. C. include National Air And Space Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
45.29% of people start their National Air And Space Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see National Air And Space Museum
53.7% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Air And Space Museum