National Building Museum193 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 401 F St NW, Washington, DC 20001, United States, Washington D. C.
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2022722448
- Ticket Price: 10 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Specialty Museums, Heritage Building
National Building Museum is one of the best museums that you can visit in the city. The museum devoted to interpreting the history and impact of the built environment.The museum tells a very interesting story about the engineering and design of the whole city. If you want to learn more about the city in general then visiting this attraction becomes a must. The museum building is splendid looking too.
Entrance Ticket Details For National Building Museum
- Free Museum members; children aged 2 and under
- USD 10 General adults
- USD 7 General youth (ages 3–17); students with ID; seniors (age 60 and over)
- USD 3 General, ages 3 and up, entrance to the Building Zone* only (appropriate for ages 2–6)
- Includes 45 minutes of play time. Last entry is at 3:15 pm.
National Building Museum Hours
- Open seven days a week
- The Museum and Museum Shop are open Monday through Saturday, 10 am–5 pm, and Sunday, 11 am–5 pm
- Building Zone hours: Monday through Saturday, 10 am–4 pm, and Sunday, 11 am–4 pm
- Firehook Café hours: Monday–Friday, 8:30 am–4:30 pm; Saturday, 10 am–4:30 pm; Sunday, 11 am–4:30 pm
- The Museum is closed on occasional special events.
How to Reach National Building Museum
- Take a subway from Gallery Place Chinatown Station.
- Take a bus from NW 9th St & NW F St.
- Take a taxi or rental to the destination.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Washington D. C. before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Washington D. C. and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.66% of people who visit Washington D. C. include National Building Museum in their plan
42.86% of people start their National Building Museum visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see National Building Museum
66.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Building Museum
National Building Museum Reviews & Ratings
Definitely not what I expected but I really enjoyed this museum. The lay out was a little weird and it wasn't super obvious where the exhibits where but the building itself has a lot of character. Some of the exhibits where a little weird and not terribly interesting, but I was very captivated by the rest. The hoops and house & home exhibits were great! The lawn was very fun and kid friendly as was a lot of the museum. The gift shop had a lot of fun things, but was a little pricey. We spent just over 3 hours here and I was very happy with my visit. Good vibes all around!
I went on Free Museum Day. The building itself is beautiful, the exhibits are phenomenal, but it really lacks in scale. Quick museum goers can do this museum in 2 hours or less - only about four exhibits or so. Great for kids!
The kids really enjoyed the building zone, the lawn and Play work build. Clever museum for keeping kids engaged and interested. Good on the cafe was great (pastries), but coffee not so. You have to book for Building zone. If you need the deadline for buying day tickets you can get through Google partners.
Great place to while away an afternoon, always some oddball display with appeal to children and some very educational special exhibit. You can blow through the place in an hour or less, depending on your interests, or profitably engage for hours at a time. A gem with a lot of local subscribers and few tourists, and an interesting take on architecture. Cool gift shop too.
My daughter Amelia loved it❣️ "The Lawn" was amazing and fun. It was over all really good. Great museum for kids. Lots of activities. By the Metro. 🚇