Octagon Museum, Washington D. C.
About Octagon Museum, Washington D. C.
Octagon Museum, Washington D. C. - Address, Phone Number
Address: 1799 New York Ave NW, Washington, DC 20006, United States
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
Added 176 times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Octagon Museum is also known as Colonel John Tayloe III House and is located at 1799 New York Avenue. The museum was designed by the famed designer William Thornton and was built in 1799 and 1801in the city. The whole museum was kept as the way it was and if you visit it you will see the same colours and decorations that were there in that era. A fun filled learning experience is what the destination offers.
How To reach Octagon Museum by Public Transport
- Take a subway from Farragut West Metro Station.
- Take a bus from 18TH ST & F ST NW nb.
- Take a taxi or rental to the destination.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Washington D. C. before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Washington D. C. and book an accommodation of your choice.
Octagon Museum, Washington D. C. Reviews - Write a Review
A little known historic building. Sorry I couldn't get in to look at the interior (Sunday). Just glad to get some nice photos and to be able to tell others about the part it played in American history.
A small but cool museum. You can finish browsing through the whole thing in 30 minutes. If you are too tired walking outside with the heat waves, visit this place as a cool break.
Beautiful architectural exhibit behind a refeshingly peaceful garden.
An interesting landmark. Great to see the many phases of construction styles too. Historical indeed.
A delight. Quick tour.
- Nearby Attractions
- Bridge Street Books
- Sulgrave Club
- Scarlet Oak Restaurant & Bar
- Capitol City Brewing Company
- Kalorama Recreation Center
- Kabin Lounge
- Cleveland House Apartments
- Olivia Macaron
- Washington D. C. Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Washington D. C.
- What to See in 48 Hours in Washington D. C.
- What to See in 72 Hours in Washington D. C.
- How to Spend 5 Days in Washington D. C.
- How to Spend 6 Days in Washington D. C.
- How to Spend 7 Days in Washington D. C.