United States National Arboretum193 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 3501 New York Ave NE, Washington, DC 20002, United States, Washington D. C.
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2022452726
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids
If you are looking to escape into nature in the city then there is no better place than the United States National Arboretum. The destination is famed for its collection of amazing and beautiful flora and fauna. So take out some time and indulge in serenity, peace and tranquillity. Give the place a friendly visit and get to see some of the most spectacular views in the city.
United States National Arboretum Hours
- The Arboretum grounds are open every day of the year except December 25 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Admission is free.
- The Visitor Center is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.daily except for federal holidays November through February.
- The National Bonsai &Penjing Museum is open from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.daily except for federal holidays November through February, so plan to visit this collection first if you visit late in the day.
- The Arbor House Gift Shop is open mid-March through December, Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m and Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
How to Reach United States National Arboretum
- Take a bus from NE Bladensburg Rd & NE Rand Pl.
- Take a taxi or rental to the destination.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Washington D. C. before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Washington D. C. and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.67% of people who visit Washington D. C. include United States National Arboretum in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
52.08% of people start their United States National Arboretum visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see United States National Arboretum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting United States National Arboretum
United States National Arboretum Reviews & Ratings
Stunning and a sense of something timeless here - we'll all come and go but nature will persist. I highly recommend the bonsai exhibits and taking a walk up to the wedding columns as some call them.. dismiss the noise and soak in the story of how they arrived at the facility. Gorgeous views - glad I got to spend a few carefree afternoons here 😁
Great place to run or walk. Well kept trails. Perfect place to jog or run. Parking is free. Good opportunity to bring your little ones out to tire them out. Picking or pulling the plants not permitted so remind the children before coming out.
A hidden gem that anyone who likes plants and the outdoors should visit. Bring lunch and water and hike around. The bonsai gardens are amazing and worth the trip alone. The place is huge so you can come back and explore new sections. You can't possibly get through everything in one visit, and you don't have to. It's amazingly inexpensive at FREE with free parking.
Just wonderful! After living in District for nearly two decades, I made my first trip on a Saturday. Plenty of parking and so big it will take multiple trips to visit. Thus far I have really enjoyed the Bonsai Garden, the Capitol Columns (literally from the Capitol Building), and walking by the Herb Garden and checking out the Visitor Center. As the weather cools down I could imagine spending an entire day here checking things out, perhaps even finding a place to sit or lay down and read. It would be wonderful for picnics.
Amazing! This place is huge with so much to see. Very weel kept, peaceful and naturally beautiful. It seems they have special events throughout the year as well. Will definitely be going back more often. Can't believe this is my first visit after living in the area for 30 years.