Bishops Palace Cafe, Waterford
About Bishops Palace Cafe, Waterford
Bishops Palace Cafe, Waterford - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: The Mall, Waterford, Ireland
Ticket Price: 7 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:15 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 3.2K times in trip plans
Museum, Monument, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
If you are looking for striking array of buildings that present fantastic architecture anywhere in Ireland apart from the city of Dublin, Waterford is the right place.
And one of the top highlights adorning the skyline of Waterford is the building of Bishop’s Palace. Located just a walk away from the medieval museum, this structure was designed by Anglo-German architectural ace Richard Castles.
Dating back to the 18th century, the palace overlooks the town hall which also served as a terrace garden of the palace.
A monument of national significance, the palace also houses a museum that is home to Bonaparte’s legendary ‘mourning cross’ which was one of the only 12 produced after Napoleon’s death.
On your visit, don’t kiss out the Penrose decanter which is the oldest surviving Waterford crystal!
Bishops Palace Cafe Information
- Online ticket booking is available.
- Disable access is available.
- Food and drink is not allowed.
- Commercial photography is not allowed.
- Cafe is available.
Bishops Palace Cafe Ticket Prices
- Adult: 7 Euros
- Senior/Student: 6 Euros
- Child (under 14): Free with paying adult.
- Group (10+):
- Adult/Senior/Student: 4 Euros
- School groups: 2 Euros per student (leaders free)
- Combined admissions for Medieval Museum and Bishop's Palace are available.
- For epic tour tickets, visit the official website.
Bishops Palace Cafe Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission:
- June - August: 5:20 pm
- September - May: 4:20pm
How To reach Bishops Palace Cafe by Public Transport
- BY Bus: Bus no 609.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Waterford before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Waterford and book an accommodation of your choice.
Bishops Palace Cafe, Waterford Reviews - Write a Review
This is one of the best small museums in Ireland. The free tour is excellent. A must for Irish Georgian furniture lovers.
Lovely fresh food and friendly service
Good food. Nancy you are the best.
Great porridge with fruit and cup of coffee while watching slideshow of old black and white photos of Waterford.
Lovely relaxed good coffee and scones just missing some cream to give a bit of finesse
- Nearby Attractions
- The Art Hand
- Waterford & Suir Valley Railway
- Lismore Heritage Centre
- Waterford Castle Golf Club
- Waterford Cathedral
- Bishop's Palace
- Waterford Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Waterford
- What to See in 48 Hours in Waterford
- What to See in 72 Hours in Waterford
- How to Spend 5 Days in Waterford
- How to Spend 6 Days in Waterford
- How to Spend 7 Days in Waterford