How to Reach Waterford
HOW TO GET TO WATERFORD
- By Air: The Waterford airport is just 6 kilometers from the city with planes flying in from Dublin, London and a few other European countries like Amsterdam and Bordeaux.
- By Train: The main station, the Plunkett Railway Station, is based north of the river and runs trains to Dublin and Limerick via many other towns in between.
- By Bus: Waterford has excellent road connectivity with the rest of Ireland. Buses run from all major cities making it the cheapest way to travel.
- By Ferry: Rosslare is the nearest ferry-point to Waterford and is quite close-by.
HOW TO GET AROUND WATERFORD
- By Bus: There are many bus services in Waterford which provide commuting services to different areas within the city.
- By Taxi: Taxis and cabs are available for hire on the streets or can be booked in advance from their offices. Charge is according to distance and by meter.
- By Car: One can hire a car from the rental services available, but with the traffic it isn’t advisable. Also one requires a valid driving license.
- On Foot: Walking is undoubtedly the best way to explore Waterford as it is a relatively small city.