How to Reach Waterford, Ireland
The Easiest Way to Reach Waterford
HOW TO GET TO WATERFORD
- By Air: The Waterford airport is just 6 kilometers from the city with planes flying in from Dublin, London and a few other European countries like Amsterdam and Bordeaux.
- By Train: The main station, the Plunkett Railway Station, is based north of the river and runs trains to Dublin and Limerick via many other towns in between.
- By Bus: Waterford has excellent road connectivity with the rest of Ireland. Buses run from all major cities making it the cheapest way to travel.
- By Ferry: Rosslare is the nearest ferry-point to Waterford and is quite close-by.
HOW TO GET AROUND WATERFORD
- By Bus: There are many bus services in Waterford which provide commuting services to different areas within the city.
- By Taxi: Taxis and cabs are available for hire on the streets or can be booked in advance from their offices. Charge is according to distance and by meter.
- By Car: One can hire a car from the rental services available, but with the traffic it isn’t advisable. Also one requires a valid driving license.
- On Foot: Walking is undoubtedly the best way to explore Waterford as it is a relatively small city.
Are you looking for a Waterford travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Waterford
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Waterford. The most preferred mode of transport in Waterford is Car.
Average distance: 40 km Average time: 31 min
Car 100%Driving 30 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 40 kms 31 min
How to Reach Waterford from Nearby Cities
|Dungarvan to Waterford||59.58 km||59 mins|
- How to reach Dublin
- How to reach Cork
- How to reach Limerick
- How to reach Westport
- How to reach Wexford
- How to reach Donegal