Are you looking for what to do in Waterford?
PLACES TO SEE:
If you’re wondering what to see in Waterford, then some of the must-see tourist attractions here are:
- Waterford Crystal: Absolutely the most famous product of the city. The crystal is renowned world over for its cut and it’s a treat to watch it being made at the factory.
- Viking Triangle: It is a very old and culturally rich area of Waterford city which has walls almost 1000 years old. This area has quite a few attractions and buildings within its boundaries.
- Reginald’s Tower: It is a civic museum which houses ancient weapons and artifacts of the Viking warriors. Also the oldest civic building in Ireland.
- Bishop’s Palace: This beautiful building houses the oldest Waterford crystal piece and also the extremely rare Napoleon Mourning Cross.
- Medieval Museum: This museum is the most famous tourist attraction in Waterford and houses many priceless antiquities.
- Christ Church Cathedral: A beautiful cathedral which has a mesmerizing Waterford Crystal Chandelier and some jaw-dropping architecture.
Also Waterford has some other major attractions like the Waterford Cathedral, Theatre Royal and the Waterford Municipal Arts Gallery are absolute stunners and should not be missed.
THINGS TO DO:
For the tourists who don’t just want to view attractions but like getting their hands dirty, Waterford has quite a list of things to offer:
- Pub: Ireland is very famous for its pubs and T & H Doolan’s is Waterford’s oldest one, being open for more than 300 years.
- Trekking: County Waterford has some great trekking locations especially the one to Mahon Falls.
- Bird-Watching: Blackwater Estuary is a great spot for avid bird watchers to catch a sight of various species of birds.
- Fishing: The village of Dunmore East provides a picturesque background and excellent game for fishing. A must try for enthusiastic anglers!
- Shopping: Being the home of the famous Waterford Crystal, the city has many exclusive shops to pick out great souvenirs for your friends and family.
Below we have a list of things to do in Waterford and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Waterford getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Waterford with confidence.