How to Reach Wayanad
- By Car: Kozhikode–Mysore National Highway 212 (NH 212) can be taken as it goes through the district of Wayanad. The highway is the primary access point for many cities in the region like Kozhikode, Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram. State Highway SH 29, State Highway SH 54 or State Highway SH 59 Hill Highway (Kerala) can be taken to reach the destination. There are many ghat roads that can be taken to reach;Wayanad. Kozhikode: Thamarassery–LakkidiGhat road, Thalassery :Nedumpoil–PeriyaGhat road, Vadakara : Kuttiady–PakramthalamGhat road, Iritty : Kottiyoor–Ambayathode–Palchuram–Boys Town Ghat road and Nilambur : Vazhikkadavu–NadukaniGhat road.
- By Rail: Kozhikode is the closest railway station to the destination and is 72 km from Kalpetta. Thalassery (80 km from Mananthavadi), Kannur (93 km from Mananthavadi), Mysore (110 km from Mananthavadi and 115 km from Sultan Bathery) can also be taken to reach the destination.
- By Air: Kozhikode International Airport at Karipur is the nearest airport to reach the destination. The airport is about 95 km from Kalpetta and is a good option if you want to travel to Wayanad. Kannur International Airport, under construction at Mattannur, is at a distance of 70 km from Mananthavady.
- By Car: Going around by car is a good option to explore in the city. There are many rental shops you can get a car at.
- On Foot: The city can be explored on foot as some of the major attractions are located in destinations that can be reached on foot rather easily.
- By Taxi: Taxis are available all over town.
- By Bus: There are various bus stops all over the district that make it easy to travel.