How to Reach Weimar - The Easiest Way to Reach Weimar
HOW TO GET TO WEIMAR
- By Air: The Erfurt-Weimar Airport, 30kms away from the city has few connections and is better for business purposes. However, Leipzig Halle Airport (1hr 15 min drive) operates flights from various regions. When flying in from international destinations, one can also reach through Frankfurt airport, which is about 3 hours away from Weimar.
- By Train: The easiest way to reach Weimar is by train. Deutsche Bahn operates services from Berlin, Leipzig or Erfurt.
- By Bus: Bus services are offered to nearby towns and villages.
- By Car: Weimar can be reached by road through Autobahn A4.
HOW TO GET AROUND WEIMAR
- On Foot: Weimar is a compact town and so, most of it can be covered on foot.
- By Bus: The city has local bus services running hourly to the town centre and to the nearby villages.
- By Bike: You can also rent a bike and get around the city.
- By Taxi: Taxis might be the best option when it’s dark and you have difficulty finding way to your hotels or other places.
Are you looking for a Weimar travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Weimar from Nearby Cities
|Jena to Weimar||29.72 km||29 mins|
|Limbach-oberfrohna to Weimar||159.49 km||2 hours 39 mins|
|Schwarzenbruck to Weimar||177.04 km||2 hours 57 mins|
|Würzburg to Weimar||200.08 km||3 hours 20 mins|
|Kleinmachnow to Weimar||261.43 km||4 hours 21 mins|
|Berlin to Weimar||283.27 km||4 hours 43 mins|
|Paderborn to Weimar||296.43 km||4 hours 56 mins|
|Dortmund to Weimar||432.66 km||7 hours 12 mins|
|Haguenau to Weimar||458.74 km||7 hours 38 mins|
|Strasbourg to Weimar||476.31 km||7 hours 56 mins|