How to Reach Weimar
HOW TO GET TO WEIMAR
- By Air: The Erfurt-Weimar Airport, 30kms away from the city has few connections and is better for business purposes. However, Leipzig Halle Airport (1hr 15 min drive) operates flights from various regions. When flying in from international destinations, one can also reach through Frankfurt airport, which is about 3 hours away from Weimar.
- By Train: The easiest way to reach Weimar is by train. Deutsche Bahn operates services from Berlin, Leipzig or Erfurt.
- By Bus: Bus services are offered to nearby towns and villages.
- By Car: Weimar can be reached by road through Autobahn A4.
HOW TO GET AROUND WEIMAR
- On Foot: Weimar is a compact town and so, most of it can be covered on foot.
- By Bus: The city has local bus services running hourly to the town centre and to the nearby villages.
- By Bike: You can also rent a bike and get around the city.
- By Taxi: Taxis might be the best option when it’s dark and you have difficulty finding way to your hotels or other places.