Park CaveCurrently Open
- Address: Park Cave, 99423 Weimar, Germany Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-3643545400
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Cave, Park, Landmark, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Set in a criss-cross of tunnels running under the Park an der Ilm, the Park Cave is a museum which is one of its kind. Dedicated in projecting the geological history of Weimar, it is 12 metres deep, stretching between the Needle’s Eye, an artificial rock-way at the river Ilm and the Belveder avenue.
The tunnels were constructed in 1794 to drain used water from Duke Carl August’s brewery. Today the mysterious tunnels have turned into story tellers of Weimar’s literally rocky history. At the museum one will find –
- Plant and animal fossils in the ceiling of the cave believed to be from a prehistoric lake.
- An exhibition portraying the geological profile and history of Weimar including works by Goethe on the subject.
- Photographs and reports from historian from the Second World War era.
- A multipurpose lecture room.
Over the years the Park Cave has served many purposes from being drainage tunnels to a bunker. Today it is a wondrous landmark and an institution of the Klassik Stiftung.
Entrance Ticket Details For Park Cave
- Concession Price - €3
- 16 – 20 years – €1
- Free entry below the age of 16 years.
- La Perla
- Restaurant Falkenburg
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Weimar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Weimar and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Park Cave Address: Park Cave, 99423 Weimar, Germany
- Park Cave Contact Number: +49-3643545400
- Park Cave Timing: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Park Cave Price: 4 EUR
- Best time to visit Park Cave(preferred time): 11:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Park Cave: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
14.22% of people who visit Weimar include Park Cave in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
36.36% of people start their Park Cave visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Park Cave
81.82% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Park Cave
People normally club together Stadtkirche St. Peter And Paul and Herzogin Anna Amalia Bibliothek while planning their visit to Park Cave.