Schiller's ResidenceCurrently Closed
- Address: Schiller Residence, Schillerstrasse 12 ,99423 Weimar, Germany
- Timings: 09:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-3643545400
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Historical Site, Memorial, Family And Kids, Exhibition
The celebrated German poet, Friedrich Schiller, took a lot of pains to acquire this house in 1802. The history of the house goes back to 1777. Today the charming house is a memorial for the late poet.
The house lets its visitors feel how Schiller went about his daily life. It reflects his work, his living conditions and his tastes. At the Schiller’s house you will find –
- Authentic items that were once the property of Schiller.
- An exhibition screen giving information to visitors on the history of the house.
- Coffee pots made of Thuringian porcelain – wedding present from Schiller’s mother-in-law.
- The children’s nursery containing Schiller’s children’s artwork.
- The bust of Schiller crafted by Johann Heinrich Dannecker.
- Schiller’s study with most of its original furniture.
- The exhibition Schiller in Thuringia.
All visitors of the Schiller house receive a copy of his portrait made by Anton Graff. The Schiller house too is an institution of the Klassik Stiftung.
- Concession price - €6
- 16 – 20 years - €2.50
- Free entry below the age of 16 years.
- Public guided tour from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
- Public guided tour for children from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm on Saturday.
- Old Europe Inn
- Casa Venus
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Weimar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Weimar and book an accommodation of your choice.
86.22% of people who visit Weimar include Schiller's Residence in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
73.53% of people start their Schiller's Residence visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Schiller's Residence
81.25% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Schiller's Residence