Schloss Belvedere109 Votes Currently Open
Like many other institutions of Klassik Stifftung, the Schloss Belvedere too belongs to the time when Baroque style of art developed. The architecture, sculpture and various paintings of the castle ignites exuberance in all its visitors. The spectacular castle was built in 1724.
Located at the outskirts of Weimar, the castle was built as a summer house for the Ernst August, Duke of Saxe-Weimar. At Schloss Belvedere you can explore –
- The 43 hectares of Parkland surrounding the estate which includes an orangery, a pleasure garden and a labyrinth.
- The castle stables.
- A museum within the castle.
The museum in itself is a fascination. The various exhibits and collections of the museum include –
- Court accessories, French and German furniture dating back to 18th century.
- Oriental porcelain and Thuringian earthenware belonging to the ducal household.
- Portraits and sculptures of the owners of the estate.
- Products from the Royal Porcelain factory in Berlin.
- Weapons of the ducal family portraying history of court hunting.
- An exhibition giving insight into the architecture and gardens during Duke Ernst Augusts’ era.
The romantic orangery and pleasure gardens are an exquisite sight and are lovelier than the estate itself.
Entrance Ticket Details For Schloss Belvedere
- Concession price - €4.50
- 16-20years ticket - €2.00
- Free entry below the age of 16 years.
- The ticket allows access to the palace as well as the gardens.
How to Reach Schloss Belvedere
- Bus 1 from Goetheplatz
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Weimar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Weimar and book an accommodation of your choice.
25.41% of people who visit Weimar include Schloss Belvedere in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
81.82% of people start their Schloss Belvedere visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Schloss Belvedere
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Schloss Belvedere