Are you looking for what to do in Weimar?
PLACES TO SEE
Museums: Weimar is a home to a number of museums.
- Goethe-National museum: A museum exhibiting the life of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe in his former residence.
- Schiller-Museum: Former residence of Schiller exhibiting his life.
- The Goethe- und Schiller-Archiv: Estate of Schiller, Goethe and other artists.
- Nietzsche-Archiv: Shows the life of Friedrich Nietzsche.
- Furstenhaus: First parliamentary building in Weimar, now accessed by the Weimar school of music.
- Green Castle: A renaissance style construction that houses the Library of Duchess Anna Amalia.
- Goethe-Schiller-Denkmal: A memorial dedicated to Goethe and Schiller.
- Evangelical St. Peter and Paul: City’s main church rebuilt in the late-gothic style.
- Lokaltermin Reisen (Kaufstrasse 9, Weimar, Thuringia, Germany): Walking tour of Weimar with a professional tour guide.
- Belvedere Express (Market 2, 99423 Weimar, Thuringia, Germany): A small bus tour of the city. Tickets can be bought at the little tourist information kiosk. But be informed that you could miss out if you can’t speak German.
Below we have a list of things to do in Weimar and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Weimar getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Weimar with confidence.