BeehiveCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Molesworth Street, Wellington 6160, New Zealand
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +64-48179503
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Parliament Buildings are one of Wellington’s best known landmarks. And the Executive Wing, popularly known as the Beehive, is the most recognisable building in the parliamentary complex. It got its token name ‘Beehive’ from the way it has been architecturally designed. The building was built between 1969 and 1981. It features murals and artworks by noted New Zealand artists. The building has 10 floors, filled with cabinet rooms, prime ministerial offices, a banqueting hall, function rooms etc. The Parliament’s Visitor Centre is situated on the ground floor foyer of the Beehive. The Visitor Centre organizes guided tours of the building.
Beehive Travel Tips
- Eating and smoking are not allowed in the public areas of Parliament Buildings.
- Picnicking in Parliament’s grounds is allowed.
- Free, daily, one-hour guided tours of Parliament Buildings depart on the hour from the Visitor Centre.
- Closed on Good Friday.
How to Reach Beehive
- Wellington Railway Station
- Molesworth Street- Parliament bus stop E
- Jude’s Cafe
- JJ Sushi Club
- Backbencher pub and cafe
- Sweet Fanny’s Cafe
- Beehive Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Wellington before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wellington and book an accommodation of your choice.
94.08% of people who visit Wellington include Beehive in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
43.92% of people start their Beehive visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Beehive
50% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Beehive
Beehive Reviews & Ratings
how much is the cost of visiting the beehiveAnswer Report Abuse
The entry is free. You can visit the building through a free guided tour organised by the government.Report Abuse