Events and Festivals in Wellington
- Spring Festival: The Spring Festival is an annual event and is held between September and October. It is held at the Wellington Botanic Garden amongst a grand display of tulips.
- Waitangi Day: New Zealand’s National Day is celebrated with full fervour by the citizens of Wellington. They usually have music concerts and food festivals.
- Santa Parade: The Santa Parade is a fun-filled family occasion and is the first major event in the countdown to Christmas.
- Christmas: The festival of Christmas is celebrated with joy and is usually a family affair.
- Sky Show Fireworks: The spectacular display of fireworks happens to mark Guy Fawkes Night. This fireworks show is synchronised with soundtracks on local radio stations. Food vendors sell delicious food along the waterfront.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Wellington
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Wellington
Save 7%Wellington's Lord of the Rings Half Day Tour111 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Follow in the footsteps of Bilbo, Frodo and Gandalf on a half-day 'Lord of the Rings' tour from Wellington. See where Middle-...
Save 7%Mount Cook to Queenstown Tour1 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Be mesmerised by the alpine surroundings of the truly unique region of New Zealand's South Island as you leave Mount Cook on ...
Save 4%Wellington Hop-on Hop-Off Bus Tour97 Reviews
Duration: 1 Days
Discover the best of Wellington on a scenic hop-on hop-off tour that travels to top sights within the city and surroundings. ...
Save 4%35-Minute Mount Cook Ski Plane and Helicopter Combo Tour1 Reviews
Duration: 35 Mins
Join this tour for the unique opportunity to fly in both a Ski Plane and Helicopter! Flying through the remarkable Tasman Val...