Events and Festivals in Wellington
- Spring Festival: The Spring Festival is an annual event and is held between September and October. It is held at the Wellington Botanic Garden amongst a grand display of tulips.
- Waitangi Day: New Zealand’s National Day is celebrated with full fervour by the citizens of Wellington. They usually have music concerts and food festivals.
- Santa Parade: The Santa Parade is a fun-filled family occasion and is the first major event in the countdown to Christmas.
- Christmas: The festival of Christmas is celebrated with joy and is usually a family affair.
- Sky Show Fireworks: The spectacular display of fireworks happens to mark Guy Fawkes Night. This fireworks show is synchronised with soundtracks on local radio stations. Food vendors sell delicious food along the waterfront.