Events and Festivals in Wellington
- Spring Festival: The Spring Festival is an annual event and is held between September and October. It is held at the Wellington Botanic Garden amongst a grand display of tulips.
- Waitangi Day: New Zealand’s National Day is celebrated with full fervour by the citizens of Wellington. They usually have music concerts and food festivals.
- Santa Parade: The Santa Parade is a fun-filled family occasion and is the first major event in the countdown to Christmas.
- Christmas: The festival of Christmas is celebrated with joy and is usually a family affair.
- Sky Show Fireworks: The spectacular display of fireworks happens to mark Guy Fawkes Night. This fireworks show is synchronised with soundtracks on local radio stations. Food vendors sell delicious food along the waterfront.
Trip plans for Wellington