How to Reach Wellington
The Easiest Way to Reach Wellington
- By Air: Flights to Wellington disembark at the Wellington International Airport. Most of the flights landing over here arrive from Australia.
- By Train: Rail company KiwiRail operates The Northern Explorer between Auckland and Wellington. The Coastal Pacific train connects Wellington to Picton and Christchurch.
- By Boat: Wellington lies between North and South islands and has regular ferry services that take passengers and vehicles across the Cook Strait. The city is also a popular stop for cruise tours.
- By Road: Wellington is located on State Highways 1 and 2 and is easily accessible by road.
- By Ferry: The places around Wellington’s shoreline as well as nearby islands are connected by ferries.
- By Bus: Metlink operates regular interval busses that connect various neighbourhoods of Wellington.
- By Cable Car: Wellington Cable Car is a popular mode of travel for tourists as well as locals.
- By Taxi: There are plenty of taxi companies in Wellington to assist you around.
- By Train: Tranz Metro operates five electric train routes which run through Wellington’s suburbs and connects Wellington to nearby towns.
- By Walking: One of the best ways to explore Wellington is on foot. The central city is only two kilometres in diameter.
- By Bicycle: Many tourists prefer renting a bicycle and exploring the city at a relaxing pace.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Wellington and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Wellington
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Wellington. The most preferred mode of transport in Wellington is Walking.
Average distance: 10.09 km Average time: 26.63 min
Walking 27.27%Walking 24.17 min Bike 1.67 min Driving 1.17 min Overall average time for 2.98 kms 27 min
Train/Metro 13.64%Train 23.33 min Walking 7.33 min Driving 3.33 min Overall average time for 22 kms 34 min
Bike 4.55%Bike 20 min Overall average time for 4 kms 20 min
Car 27.27%Driving 16 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 12 kms 16.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 13.64%Bus 32 min Waiting 4.67 min Walking 4.33 min Overall average time for 10.63 kms 41 min
- How to reach Cities Near Wellington
- How to reach Waiouru
- How to reach Taradale
- How to reach Loburn North
- How to reach Aramoho
- How to reach Taumarunui
- How to reach Tawa
- How to reach Northland
- How to reach Coal Creek
- How to reach Ohingaiti
- How to reach Ngaio
- How to reach Point Elizabeth
- How to reach Pinehaven
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Royal Borough Of Greenwich
- How to reach Smithfield
- How to reach Taloda
- How to reach Sherburne
- How to reach Kaswara
- How to reach Kish
- How to reach Eastwood
- How to reach Currumbin Waters
- How to reach Dequincy
- How to reach Bow