Staglands Wildlife Reserve380 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Staglands Wildlife Reserve, 2362 Akatarawa Road, Upper Hutt, Wellington., New Zealand Map
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +64-45267529
- Ticket Price: 20 NZD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Wildlife Sanctuary , Wildlife Park, Zoo, Family And Kids, Adventure
Searching for a unique experience while in Wellington? Head over to the Staglands Wildlife reserve. It is a man made ecosystem created and developed over the past 40 years consisting of streams, ponds, hills and gullies. Enjoy the wonders of the natural world in a protective and fun environment. At Staglands, visitors can feed and freely interact with wildlife in beautiful surroundings. You will come across vibrantly coloured birds, kune kune piglets, guinea pigs, rabbits, rainbow and brown trout and fallow deer to name a few. They also have a Secret Garden and a nostalgic recreation of an abandoned settlement. If you have a day to spare, pack a picnic basket and head over to the Staglands Wildlife reserve.
Staglands Wildlife Reserve Travel Tips
- Some parts of the reserve are not wheelchair accessible.
Entrance Ticket Details For Staglands Wildlife Reserve
- Adults (16 and above): $20
- Senior citizens and Students: $17
- Children (4-15 years): $8
- Children under 3: Free
- Family Pass (2 adults and upto 3 kids): $56
- Animal Food bags: $2.50
- Trout and Eel food bags: $1.50
- Entry is free into the park for persons in wheelchairs and their caregivers.
Staglands Wildlife Reserve Hours
- Cafe timings: 10 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
How to Reach Staglands Wildlife Reserve
- Hiring a taxi or renting a car is recommended.
- Staglands Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Wellington before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wellington and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Staglands Wildlife Reserve Address: Staglands Wildlife Reserve, 2362 Akatarawa Road, Upper Hutt, Wellington., New Zealand
- Staglands Wildlife Reserve Contact Number: +64-45267529
- Staglands Wildlife Reserve Timing: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm
- Staglands Wildlife Reserve Price: 20 NZD
- Best time to visit Staglands Wildlife Reserve(preferred time): 09:30 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Staglands Wildlife Reserve: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
18.46% of people who visit Wellington include Staglands Wildlife Reserve in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
94.38% of people start their Staglands Wildlife Reserve visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Staglands Wildlife Reserve
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Staglands Wildlife Reserve
People normally club together Cuba Street and Rangituhi Colonial Knob Parkland while planning their visit to Staglands Wildlife Reserve.
People also prefer to start their day with Staglands Wildlife Reserve.