Are you looking for what to do in Wellington?
Wellington tourist attractions are aplenty. Some must visit ones are:
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa: The Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa is the national museum of New Zealand. It gives visitors a unique opportunity to immerse themselves in the interesting and amazing human history of New Zealand.
- Zealandia: Zealandia is home to some of New Zealand's most rare and extraordinary wildlife. It is a protected wild region set around a picturesque reservoir.
- Wellington Botanic Garden: Established in 1868, the Wellington Botanical Garden comprises of a unique landscape, protected native forest, specialized and exotic tree collections, beautiful flowering plants and it also offers a stunning view of the city of Wellington!
- Museum of Wellington City and Sea: The Museum of Wellington City and Sea is a popular museum and offers an insight into the rich history of Wellington.
- Beehive: The Parliament Buildings are one of Wellington’s best known landmarks. And the Executive Wing, popularly known as the Beehive, is the most recognisable building in the parliamentary complex. It got its token name ‘Beehive’ from the way it has been architecturally designed.
- Mount Victoria Lookout: Situated at 196 metres above the city of Wellington, the Mount Victoria Lookout is a Wellington must-do.
- Oriental Bay: The Oriental Bay is a nice little beach where you can head over for a swim, some sunbathing, maybe a game of volleyball and a jog along Oriental Parade.
One of the things to do in Wellington is explore the nearby islands and mountain ranges. Some suggestions are the Matiu/ Somes Island, Rimutaka Range, Mount Kaukau, Wrights Hill Fortress and Makara Peak Mountain Bike Path.
Below we have a list of things to do in Wellington and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Wellington getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Wellington with confidence.