Wellington Botanical GardenCurrently Closed
- Address: 101 Glenmore Street, Wellington 6012, New Zealand
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +64-44991400
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Garden, Park, Botanical Garden, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Nature
Wellington Botanical Garden - Review
Classified as a ‘Garden of National Significance’ by the Royal New Zealand Institute of Horticulture, the Wellington Botanical Garden is also a ‘Historic Places Trust Heritage Area’. Spread across 25 hectares, the garden is popular with locals as well as tourists. Established in 1868, the Wellington Botanical Garden comprises of a unique landscape, protected native forest, specialized and exotic tree collections, beautiful flowering plants and it also offers a rocking view of the city of Wellington!
Wellington Botanical Garden Information
- Due to hilly terrain, most of the places at the Botanical Garden are not wheelchair accessible.
Wellington Botanical Garden Ticket Prices
- Guided tours are held every third Sunday and fourth Monday of the month. The cost is $4 per person.
Wellington Botanical Garden Opening and Closing Hours
Begonia House Gift Shop timings:
- October to March: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- April to September: Weekdays (closed on Tuesday): 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Weekends: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Treehouse Visitor Centre timings:
- Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Weekends of November to April: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Weekends of May to October: closed.
How To reach Wellington Botanical Garden by Public Transport
- Wellington Cable car off Lambton Quay takes one to the top of the Botanical Garden.
- Bus number 3 Karori bus and number 13 Mairangi travel to the garden.
Restaurants Near Wellington Botanical Garden
- Cafe at Begonia House
- Carrying picnic baskets is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Wellington before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wellington and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Wellington Botanical Garden
95% of people who visit Wellington include Wellington Botanical Garden in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
41.9% of people start their Wellington Botanical Garden visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Wellington Botanical Garden
80.2% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wellington Botanical Garden
Wellington Botanical Garden Map
Wellington Botanical Garden Trips
Wellington Botanical Garden, Wellington Reviews
With a huge range of beautifully manicured native and imported plants you could easily spend a full couple of days here. A veritable maze of walking tracks means that you can easily get away from the crowds and enjoy the scenery. The cafe near the rose garden offers a good variety of high-quality food and drink. The best way to get here is from the top of the cable car.
Awesome walk...great paths for prams, strollers and pedestrians. Easy walking for the two young children. We took the cable car up and walked down. Gardens were well marked and had a good variety of species. Staff were also very helpful.
Fantastic summer and autumn views. Great indoor plant centre to see exotic plants. Good shops and restaurant. Beautiful view on top block with the cable car. Fun kids play ground and duck pond (feedings available at the tree house) highly recommend for a family day out. Parking is coupon parking zone. Weekend free.
Beautiful gardens which deserve their wonderful reputation as a must see for an out of towner. Catch the tram up, visit the observatory and walk down. Also you can use your snapper card to go up on the tram. The lookout is wonderful.
A sanctuary of nature within the city. Always a new path to explore. Great place for kids, dogs, young and old. Love the tulip display in spring and the lights in winter. So lucky to have this resource in Wellington.
All QuestionsWellington botanical garden
- Griffith Memorials
- Uplands Shoe Repairs
- The Garage
- The Grove Gallery
- Dioces Of Swansea & Brecon
- Pantygwydr Baptist Church
- A B Sea School
- St Benedicts R C Church
- Green Baize Snooker Club
- Artists Blank Canvas
- Austin Designs
- St Jude's
- Dylan Thomas Birthplace & Family Home
- Gateway Church Caerphilly