Great Western Greenway
- Address: Civic Offices, Altamont Street, Westport, Ireland
- Phone: +353-877999985
- Time Required: 09:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Scenic Drive, Broadway, Family And Kids
Covering a distance of 42 kilometres, the Great Western Greenway is a cycling and walking trail which begins at Westport and cover Newport and Mulranny to end in Achille.
The trail offers a splendid conversation with nature while you meander through the amazing and intimate spaces of Ireland.
There are many bicycling rent spots in the 4 towns where you can drop off the bicycle at any of the four spots- meaning you can bicycle only as much as you want.
The trail is one of the best ways to explore Ireland in its sheer magnificence. The stops in between offer refreshment and food.
The route is follows the trail:
- Westport to Newport – 11 kilometres
- Newport to Mulranny- 18 kilometres
- Mulranny to Achille- 13 Kilometres
A must-do for every tourist, the Great Western Greenway trail is sure to gear up your time here.
Great Western Greenway Travel Tips
- Do carry your own refreshment and first aid.
- You can cycle as far as you want and deposit the rented bicycle at the rental spots in the main town spots.
- In case you want to bicycle halfway, a shuttle will pick you up and get you back to Westport.
Entrance Ticket Details For Great Western Greenway
Bike rentals will vary with every place. Some of the places in Westport for bike rentals include:
- Sean Sammon Cycle Hire
- Westport Bike for here
- The Westport Bike Shop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Westport before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Westport and book an accommodation of your choice.
68.45% of people who visit Westport include Great Western Greenway in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
47.89% of people start their Great Western Greenway visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 9 Hrs to see Great Western Greenway
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Great Western Greenway