How to Reach Westport
The Easiest Way to Reach Westport
- By Air: The nearest airport is the Knock Airport located 60 kilometres from the town. Flights to Westport are quiet frequent from some of the major airports in and outside Ireland. Taxis are available at the airport to reach the town.
- By Train: The Westport Train Station is the terminus of a 250 kilometre railway-route from Dublin. The train also connects to Castlebar. The Westport railway station is located off the town near Galway road.
- Passengers to or from Galway, travel to Athlone and change trains. Passengers to or from Ballina and Foxford, travel to Manulla Junction and change trains. Train journeys in Ireland are pocket-friendly and often preferred by tourists due to easy accessibility and good network.
- By Car: The N5 national primary route connects the town to Castlebar while the N4 near Longford leads to Dublin. Other major road passing through Westport is the N59 national secondary route.
- By Bus: The Westport Bus Station is located at Mill Street and is a part of the Bus Eireann service in Ireland. However, buses are not often preferred for intra-town travel in Westport due to poor connectivity.
- By Car: Car rentals are highly recommended to travel around the city. You can get a rental car in agencies around the town easily which will help you to explore the outskirts as well.
- By Taxi: Taxis are easily available for intra-city travel.
- On Foot: Westport is a pretty small town and can be easily covered by foot. It is one of the best ways to take-in the town’s beauty, giving you more time to intimately observe the otherwise easily missed spots.
- By Bike/ Bicycle: One of the most popular and pocket-friendly ways to explore the town, bikes and bicycles are easily available for rent.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Westport and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Westport
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Westport. The most preferred mode of transport in Westport is Walking.
Average distance: 2 km Average time: 20 min
Walking 100%Walking 20 min Overall average time for 2 kms 20 min
- How to reach Cities Near Westport
- How to reach Munster Limos
- How to reach Munster Towbars
- How to reach Munster House
- How to reach Connaught Kitchens
- How to reach Leinster Gas
- How to reach Leinster Hydraulics
- How to reach Kilkelly
- How to reach 2 Leinster St S
- How to reach Lixnaw
- How to reach Munster Physical Therapy
- How to reach The Connacht Gallery
- How to reach County Leitrim
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Angourie
- How to reach Sacavém
- How to reach Cicero
- How to reach Wigan District
- How to reach Lytham Saint Annes
- How to reach Mchenry
- How to reach Methwold
- How to reach Burns
- How to reach Perry
- How to reach Osmond