Killary Fjord, Westport
About Killary Fjord, Westport
Killary Fjord, Westport - Address
Address: Connemara, Border of counties Mayo and Galway
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 2.8K times in trip plans
Mountain, Waterfront, Scenic Drive, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Killary Harbour is located at the boundary of counties Mayo and Galway. Known for its scenic mountain peaks which hug the gorgeous fjord, the spot is perfect to unwind after a long day.
Boat tours are available here which give you a chance to see the famous Mussel Farms which grace the mirror water. Known as a docking spot for German and British ships during World War II, the fjord is now a popular tourist attraction.
Killary Fjord Information
- Do try to take a boat tour through the Fjord to enjoy the pristine environment with good food and a pint of Guinness.
How To reach Killary Fjord by Public Transport
- Bus: Bus Eireann connects all the major towns to the harbour.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Westport before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Westport and book an accommodation of your choice.
Killary Fjord, Westport Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- The Wyatt Hotel
- The Idle Wall Restaurant
- The Adventure Island Westport House
- St Anthonys Riverside Bed And Breakfast
- The Cultural Centre Swinford
- Roscommon Castle
- Croagh Patrick Walking Tours
- Westport Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Westport
- What to See in 48 Hours in Westport
- What to See in 72 Hours in Westport
- How to Spend 5 Days in Westport
- How to Spend 6 Days in Westport
- How to Spend 7 Days in Westport