For every fan of ‘The Quiet Man’ film, this museum is a dream destination. Located on the Circular Road in Cong village, 43 kilometres south of Westport, the museum is sure to take you back in time giving you a feel of how it was to shoot for the iconic movie.
The Highlights Include:
- Elaborate costume reproductions
- Genuine furnishing and artefacts
- The famous four poster bed, tables and chair adored by actress Marie Kate
- Guided tour includingInnisfree, the Dying Man’s house, Pat Cohen’s Bar and more.
- Famous Cong-Ghost Tours through the Cong village
The heritage centre offers camping options and B&Bs for accommodation.
A must-visit for film enthusiast, the museum is sure to give you the memory of a lifetime. Tourists love the gift shop here to buy souvenirs for family and friends.
- Do try to camp here at The Quiet Man Holiday Centre.
- Rent a car to get here as buses are infrequent.
- Tours are available from Easter to October 11:00 am onwards.
- The Hungry Monk Cafe
- Fresh Out Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Westport before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Westport and book an accommodation of your choice.
44.68% of people who visit Westport include The Quiet Man Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
53.49% of people start their The Quiet Man Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see The Quiet Man Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Quiet Man Museum