The Quiet Man Museum, Westport
The Quiet Man Museum, Westport - Address, Phone Number
Address: Circular Road, Cong, Co. Mayo, Ireland
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 1.3K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About The Quiet Man Museum, Westport
For every fan of ‘The Quiet Man’ film, this museum is a dream destination. Located on the Circular Road in Cong village, 43 kilometres south of Westport, the museum is sure to take you back in time giving you a feel of how it was to shoot for the iconic movie.
The Highlights Include:
- Elaborate costume reproductions
- Genuine furnishing and artefacts
- The famous four poster bed, tables and chair adored by actress Marie Kate
- Guided tour includingInnisfree, the Dying Man’s house, Pat Cohen’s Bar and more.
- Famous Cong-Ghost Tours through the Cong village
The heritage centre offers camping options and B&Bs for accommodation.
A must-visit for film enthusiast, the museum is sure to give you the memory of a lifetime. Tourists love the gift shop here to buy souvenirs for family and friends.
The Quiet Man Museum Information
- Do try to camp here at The Quiet Man Holiday Centre.
- Rent a car to get here as buses are infrequent.
The Quiet Man Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Tours are available from Easter to October 11:00 am onwards.
Restaurants Near The Quiet Man Museum
- The Hungry Monk Cafe
- Fresh Out Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Westport before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Westport and book an accommodation of your choice.