Fethard CastleCurrently Open
- Address: Fethard, County Wexford, Ireland Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Castle, Historical Site
Situated in the seaside resort of Fethard, the Fethard Castle is a ruined L-shaped fort. The stone castle was built in the 15th century presumably by the Bishop of Ferns. The ruins consist of a prominent four storey round tower along with the castle walls. The grounds are open to the public and can be entered without charge. However, entering the ruins is not permitted.
Fethard Castle Travel Tips
- Please do not enter the ruins. It is not permitted. Stroll around the surreal grounds.
How to Reach Fethard Castle
- Fethard bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Wexford before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wexford and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Fethard Castle Address: Fethard, County Wexford, Ireland
- Fethard Castle Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Fethard Castle(preferred time): 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Fethard Castle: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
9.9% of people who visit Wexford include Fethard Castle in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
60% of people start their Fethard Castle visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Fethard Castle
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fethard Castle
People normally club together Theatre Royal Waterford and Dunbrody Abbey while planning their visit to Fethard Castle.
People also prefer to start their day with Fethard Castle.