Hook Lighthouse652 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Hook Head, Co. Wexford, Ireland
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +353-51397055
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Light House, Family And Kids
The Hook Lighthouse is situated in the Hook Peninsula. It is the oldest operational lighthouse in the world with the present structure being about 800 years old. The Lighthouse offers guided tours of the lighthouse tower all year round and are one of the top things to do in Wexford. A climb up 115 steps takes you to the balcony from where you get to witness spectacular views. The lighthouse keeper’s houses now play host to the visitor centre. Trivia- The tower was built by William Marshall, Earl of Pembroke.
Hook Lighthouse Travel Tips
- Guided tours of Lighthouse Tower.
- Gift shop selling gifts of a nautical nature.
- Cafe serving homemade soup, sandwiches, various seafood options and fresh scones and cakes from our bakery.
- Picnic areas and children’s outdoor games.
- Free Family Friendly events – checkout our Facebook page.
- Art workshops for adults and children are held at the Lighthouse all year round with resident artist Rose.
- Art exhibits and maritime displays.
- Free WiFi available in the cafe area.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hook Lighthouse
- Child Entry: 3.50 EUR
How to Reach Hook Lighthouse
- Travel by taxi or bike to reach the lighthouse.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Wexford before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wexford and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Wexford include Hook Lighthouse in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
41.23% of people start their Hook Lighthouse visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Hook Lighthouse
54.64% of people prefer walking in order to reach Hook Lighthouse