Hook Lighthouse, Wexford
About Hook Lighthouse, Wexford
Hook Lighthouse, Wexford - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Hook Head, Co. Wexford, Ireland
Ticket Price: 6 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 5K times in trip plans
Light House, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Hook Lighthouse is situated in the Hook Peninsula. It is the oldest operational lighthouse in the world with the present structure being about 800 years old. The Lighthouse offers guided tours of the lighthouse tower all year round and are one of the top things to do in Wexford. A climb up 115 steps takes you to the balcony from where you get to witness spectacular views. The lighthouse keeper’s houses now play host to the visitor centre. Trivia- The tower was built by William Marshall, Earl of Pembroke.
Hook Lighthouse Information
- Guided tours of Lighthouse Tower.
- Gift shop selling gifts of a nautical nature.
- Cafe serving homemade soup, sandwiches, various seafood options and fresh scones and cakes from our bakery.
- Picnic areas and children’s outdoor games.
- Free Family Friendly events – checkout our Facebook page.
- Art workshops for adults and children are held at the Lighthouse all year round with resident artist Rose.
- Art exhibits and maritime displays.
- Free WiFi available in the cafe area.
Hook Lighthouse Ticket Prices
- Child Entry: 3.50 EUR
How To reach Hook Lighthouse by Public Transport
- Travel by taxi or bike to reach the lighthouse.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Wexford before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wexford and book an accommodation of your choice.
Hook Lighthouse, Wexford Reviews - Write a Review
This is a really lovely place to visit or even stay for a night or two (you can camp near by). The light house is the main attraction as it can be seen from Waterford nearly down to parts of Cork. Just a few mile away is Slade harbor and Castle and you can walk all the way around the coast between the two. The views are stunning. The amenities at the light house are fantastic, you has a visitor center, tours, restaurant, children's play areas, toilets and parking. All along the coat there are ruins to look at and explore. This is a 5 star attraction. Enjoy
Hook Lighthouse. Beautiful spot. Nice drive from Waterford. Well worth the time. Little restaurant nearby. I had seafood pie. Back away from the crab cakes.
Amazing place. The people are very friendly, and its clear that they all care very much about what they do. Activities are fun for kids and adults alike and honestly its one of my favourite places.
Lovely views. Didn't do the tour as we didn't have time. Nice cafe on site. Ample parking available with lovely walks
The oldest working lighthouse in the world with great views and a nice visitor centre. Where the phrase 'by Hook or by Crook' comes from. Crook is a town on the opposite side of the estuary. Great fossil hunting on the nearby rocks. Nicest visiting here during rough seas. Good place for birdwatching too.
- Nearby Attractions
- Mount Leinster
- Ring Of Hook
- Fethard Castle
- Duncannon Fort Visitor Centre
- John F. Kennedy Arboretum
- Mahon Falls
- Wexford Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Wexford
- What to See in 48 Hours in Wexford
- What to See in 72 Hours in Wexford
- How to Spend 5 Days in Wexford
- How to Spend 6 Days in Wexford
- How to Spend 7 Days in Wexford