Irish National Heritage ParkCurrently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: Ferrycarrig, Co. Wexford, Ireland
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +353-539120733
- Ticket Price: 10 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Restaurant, Family And Kids
An open-air museum, the Irish National Heritage Park covers and recreates key stages in Ireland's cultural development. Spread across 35 acres, the park covers periods from prehistoric through Norman era. Visitors get to see various buildings and structures stereotypical of each period. The fun part is, guides working at the park dress up in traditional Irish costumes while walking you through the area! The park also features a gift shop and a Fulacht fiadh restaurant.
- Disabled ramp and toilets available.
- Pet Friendly.
- Tours are scheduled throughout the day. For most accurate tour times please phone on the morning of your visit. Tel. 0539120733.
- Take the audio guide if you have the time, it provides exhaustive details about Irish history.
- Family (2 adults + 3 Children Under 16 years) €25.00
- Senior Citizen €8.00
- Student €8.00
- Children 4 years and under Free
- Child (5-12 years) €4.00
- Child (13-16 years) €4.50
- 1st May – 31st August last Admission time 5:00 pm.
- 1st September – 30th April due to daylight hours last admission time 3:00 pm.
- Nearest Bus Stop: Ferrycarrig (Heritage Park)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Wexford before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wexford and book an accommodation of your choice.
69.58% of people who visit Wexford include Irish National Heritage Park in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
43.48% of people start their Irish National Heritage Park visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Irish National Heritage Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Irish National Heritage Park
Love this place! Been here more than once, with kids, and with my parents as a first introduction to Irish history. It's not a place you would go back too often, maybe once every 2 or 3 years, but on a sunny day it is a delightful walk on top of everything else!
Everyone Irish or not should go here. They've done a great job of laying out Ireland through the ages. If you can, get the package that includes the boiled ham. It is the best boiled ham I've ever had. Bring comfy shoes and comfortable clothes and some protection from the rain and you've a few hours of adventure and curiosity here.
Brought 6 children aged between 2 years old and 10. Everybody had a great time. 10 year old really liked the tour. The little ones liked exploring the houses.
Fabulous location. Takes about 1 1/2 hours to do the walk. Wear good walking shoes. Get the audio pack for your tour. Full of information. The walk takes you through Irelands history. My kids loved it. Well worth a visit. I cannot believe how few people know about it. If you are in the Sunny SE part of Ireland, take some time to explore Irelands history.
Well run visitor attraction. Storytelling guide made it special. Decent food in the cafe.