Wells House And Gardens, Wexford
Wells House And Gardens, Wexford - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Ballyedmond, Gorey, Co. Wexford, Ireland
Ticket Price: 8 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 772 times in trip plans
Garden, Tour, Play, Family And Kids, Architecture , Arts And Crafts
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Wells House And Gardens, Wexford
Wells House and Gardens is a charming Victorian House that overlooks dreamy gardens that make for a perfect break for the whole family. It was designed by Daniel Robertson who was a famed architect and designer of other iconic structures like the Johnston Castle and Powerscourt House gardens. A number of great activities are organized here that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. The highlights of your visit will be:
- The woodland walks where visitors can explore the hidden treasures in the beautiful landscapes of the gardens.
- Restored decorative terrace gardens that are based on the original design of the 19th Century.
- A guided tour of the Victorian House where guides are dressed in period costumes and provide intricate details of life in those times.
- The incredible hawks at the Falconry.
- The Craft courtyards that were originally stables and today are used for displaying contemporary arts and crafts.
Wells House And Gardens Information
- The facilities at Wells House & Gardens are wheelchair accessible and are suitable for those with restricted mobility.
- Dogs are permitted on the grounds of the estate but we request they are kept on a lead at all times.
- Contact the Visitor’s Centre on 053 9186737 for more details on tours and schedules.
- Tours run at 2:00 pm & 3:00 pm daily.
Wells House And Gardens Ticket Prices
- 4 EUR for adults and 2 EUR for children over 4 years for The Wells House Tour.
- Visitors to Wells House & Gardens are charged €8 entry per car.
How To reach Wells House And Gardens by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus Stop: Kilmuckridge
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Wexford before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wexford and book an accommodation of your choice.
Wells House And Gardens Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Wexford
Wells House And Gardens, Wexford Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful and interesting place for the family Old style large house with surrounding gardens and a forest walk but there's more to it than that. There's a playground, a cafe, a picnic area (with a peacock for company). It has a beautiful nature walk but hidden in various spots are fairy houses, various wood carvings of animals and kids story characters to keep the young ones entertained and interested.
Went to a Halloween evening and it was so entertaining. Really beautiful grounds and plenty of lovely gardens to admire. Lovely cafe too with friendly staff. The house itself is incredible. Lots of places to stroll and ramble.
Beautiful! Great tour and cute little shops near the Manor to shop at. There are great areas to walk and a cafe serving some delicious baked goods and snacks. I would visit again, one of the best tours we took in Ireland!
Beautiful place. Highly recommended to visit with a family with small children. Great for a walk. There's always something interesting for everyone.
You can see the place is developing itself and its great to see the range of activities available. Large open air playground available and sandpit for children to play. Unfortunately I would say the toilets facilities need to be better sign posted. That and a little more regular tidying of the toilet shed near the play area would be good. Apart from that there's a falconry, archery with dedicated instructors and a little petting zoo. It would do to have more staff to tell you about the falcons/animals and around the grounds. The restaurant is absolutely fab. The food is really good and you definitely get what you pay for on a plate. I would definitely come back for their themed weekends. High tea on a Sunday sounds fabulous in Ms Stones cafe (in full period costume).