Wells House And Gardens, WexfordCurrently Open [Closes at 04:00 pm]
- Address: Ballyedmond, Gorey, Co. Wexford, Ireland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +353-539186737
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Tour, Play, Family And Kids, Architecture , Arts And Crafts
About Wells House And Gardens, Wexford
Wells House and Gardens is a charming Victorian House that overlooks dreamy gardens that make for a perfect break for the whole family. It was designed by Daniel Robertson who was a famed architect and designer of other iconic structures like the Johnston Castle and Powerscourt House gardens. A number of great activities are organized here that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. The highlights of your visit will be:
- The woodland walks where visitors can explore the hidden treasures in the beautiful landscapes of the gardens.
- Restored decorative terrace gardens that are based on the original design of the 19th Century.
- A guided tour of the Victorian House where guides are dressed in period costumes and provide intricate details of life in those times.
- The incredible hawks at the Falconry.
- The Craft courtyards that were originally stables and today are used for displaying contemporary arts and crafts.
Wells House And Gardens Information
- The facilities at Wells House & Gardens are wheelchair accessible and are suitable for those with restricted mobility.
- Dogs are permitted on the grounds of the estate but we request they are kept on a lead at all times.
- Contact the Visitor’s Centre on 053 9186737 for more details on tours and schedules.
- Tours run at 2:00 pm & 3:00 pm daily.
Wells House And Gardens Ticket Prices
- 4 EUR for adults and 2 EUR for children over 4 years for The Wells House Tour.
- Visitors to Wells House & Gardens are charged €8 entry per car.
How To reach Wells House And Gardens by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus Stop: Kilmuckridge
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Wexford before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wexford and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Wells House And Gardens
63.94% of people who visit Wexford include Wells House And Gardens in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
44.55% of people plan their visit to Wells House And Gardens between 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Wells House And Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wells House And Gardens
Wells House And Gardens, Wexford Reviews
Great place for a family day out. Parking is €8 for the day. Well worth it so much to see and do. Excellent walks and trails around the house for kids. Tour of the house was €6 for adults. It was an hour in duration and very informative about the history of the house. The cafe provided lovely refreshments. Lots of other things going on there throughout the year.
Worth a stop, even in the winter. The miles of trails have a gravel base so relatively easy to avoid the mud, even in a rainy winter. Cafe didn't have a huge amount of choice during the winter week but still good quality food. The scone (with butter, cream and jam) in particular was great. We enjoyed the house tour, with the chance to sit during it. The kids also enjoyed seeing the birds and animals outside. Spent 2+ hours there but could easily have spent 3-4 if we had more time.
Fantastic food and a beautiful place. I recommend very highly that they don't charge the €8 to get out the gate if you are only eating there. I've often been tempted to go in for coffee and cake but I won't as I'll be charged €8 to exit
Great staff! Great for families, fairy and Gruffalo walk is lovely. Huge outdoor playground. Craft area. Small pet/farm area. Really nice affordable coffee shop. Easily spend the day there.
My friends and I visited well house today. We had lunch and then had a tour of the house. Both the restaurant experience and our visit to the house was excellent and the staff were most welcoming. They have beautiful craft shops,ideal gifts for the person who has everything. We will go back again as we want to visit the shops again and take in the beautiful gardens
All QuestionsWells house and gardens
Find places near Wells House And Gardens, Wexford
Maxol -0.991 km away