Wells House And GardensCurrently Closed
- Address: Ballyedmond, Gorey, Co. Wexford, Ireland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +353-539186737
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Tour, Play, Family And Kids, Architecture , Arts And Crafts
Wells House And Gardens - Review
Wells House and Gardens is a charming Victorian House that overlooks dreamy gardens that make for a perfect break for the whole family. It was designed by Daniel Robertson who was a famed architect and designer of other iconic structures like the Johnston Castle and Powerscourt House gardens. A number of great activities are organized here that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. The highlights of your visit will be:
- The woodland walks where visitors can explore the hidden treasures in the beautiful landscapes of the gardens.
- Restored decorative terrace gardens that are based on the original design of the 19th Century.
- A guided tour of the Victorian House where guides are dressed in period costumes and provide intricate details of life in those times.
- The incredible hawks at the Falconry.
- The Craft courtyards that were originally stables and today are used for displaying contemporary arts and crafts.
Wells House And Gardens Information
- The facilities at Wells House & Gardens are wheelchair accessible and are suitable for those with restricted mobility.
- Dogs are permitted on the grounds of the estate but we request they are kept on a lead at all times.
- Contact the Visitor’s Centre on 053 9186737 for more details on tours and schedules.
- Tours run at 2:00 pm & 3:00 pm daily.
Wells House And Gardens Ticket Prices
- 4 EUR for adults and 2 EUR for children over 4 years for The Wells House Tour.
- Visitors to Wells House & Gardens are charged €8 entry per car.
How To reach Wells House And Gardens by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus Stop: Kilmuckridge
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Wexford before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Wexford and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Wells House And Gardens
32.93% of people who visit Wexford include Wells House And Gardens in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
58.33% of people start their Wells House And Gardens visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Wells House And Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wells House And Gardens
Wells House And Gardens Trips
Wells House And Gardens, Wexford Reviews
Well house and gardens are very good for families and those who just want a peaceful walk to gather their thoughts. A safe and open purpose playground for the children and after that a cafe with good menu to keep all satisfied. There is lots of grass areas for family picnics with timber tables and chairs. Tours of the house are available and now there is a purpose area seperate for weddings and functions. I and my family buy a yearly pass being local. The venue is well used I am glad to say, Brian
Went for a long due visit and was not let down. My partner and I decided to go for lunch first which was very nice. Salads and stuff hit the spot. Hot food available too, all looked good.then off for a walk around the woods. Plenty of natural beauty and photo opportunities. Back to the cafe for coffee and cake. Then onto the craft area with its quirky shops. Lastly a visit to the animal farm. We had a great time, would be even better for kids. Staff very nice and we'll be back next time.
The house and grounds are amazing and so beautiful. Big car park with plenty of space. Definitely worth going for a family day out. The walks are lovely and keep your eyes peeled for hidden carvings and fairy doors. €10 per car to enter is very reasonable. The only reason I am deducting points is for the cafe. I went with 2 friends. They young guy serving us mixed the drinks order up twice then charged me for someone else's latte. When the lunches came out 2 of the orders were wrong and he had to take them back. The third order came out and it was completely different to what we asked for. When we asked him why he had given us this he said we didn't have what you ordered so i brought this. Without even telling us they were out of what we ordered he just gave my friend a completely different meal!!.
Lovely place for an afternoon stroll with the children! A playground to keep them entertained, a few different walks, a lovely restaurant and a variety of animals to see. At €10 per car, it's great value if you've a car full of kids but very expensive to just go for a walk for one or two people
Amazingly well maintained, with a lovely coffee shop, craft market and very kids friendly. We were lucky to be there for the fairy special day and the walks in the woods and gardens was even more special! We definitely had a fantastic family day!